+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restore status in order to apply as student or..?

karatepu

Aug 4, 2015
Here is my situation: my open work permit connected to my husband's study permit expires July 30.

We applied for a post grad,but we found out only today that the private college that he attended doesn't qualify for a post grad.

We are still waiting for the rejection, we applied at the end of May so i believe we will receive it in a couple of weeks.

In addition, last week I got accepted by Humber college for January 2018 intake for 8 months program.

1)I was thinking to apply again online, if we receive a refusal before our visas expire..at least we can win 2 months and I can accumulate 1 year of Canadian working experience. After two months going back to our country apply for the express entry and my student permit. and wait..

2) If the refusal arrives too late, ask for restoring our status and at the same time applying for my study permit and his open work permit.

Do you have any other ideas?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1)I was thinking to apply again online, if we receive a refusal before our visas expire..at least we can win 2 months and I can accumulate 1 year of Canadian working experience. After two months going back to our country apply for the express entry and my student permit. and wait..

2) If the refusal arrives too late, ask for restoring our status and at the same time applying for my study permit and his open work permit.
1. As you won't actually qualify for another work permit, you will be submitting an incomplete application. This will most likely result in your application being rejected as incomplete; you would not benefit from Implied Status, so any work done after July 30th would be illegal.

2. You could apply for Restoration. If it is approved, neither of you can work until you actually begin your studies in January.