+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

restoration of status what this means>

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi! Im a TFW in Alberta with a 2years working permit and now will expire this coming Nov. 09. I heard about this restoration visa is the alternative way to extend my stay here legally. Im pregnant and giving birth next month that's why im worried about my condition because my employer is reluctant to apply me for the LMO because Im on my maternity right now. I want to stay here with m baby until I have chane to be a PR. How to apply and requirements needed for the restoration of stay? Usually, how long are you to stay for this king of visa? Can I apply for another employer while on a restoration status?

Please give me some advice re this matter.

Thank you.

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
There is no restoration visa.

You find a new employer (who is willing to apply for LMO and HRSDC confirmation).
If you apply for work permit
1) before expiry of current one, you can work for the current employer till you hear from CIC (implied status).
2) after expiry of current one, you will not be able to work. You then seek restoration of status with new work permit application within 90 days. The acceptance is at the sole discretion of the officer evaluating your case. You can stay in Canada till you hear from CIC.

You cannot make new/renewal work permit application if it is 90 days after the expiry of the current one from inside Canada. You would have to leave Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was some woman on this board in a similar situation. Service Canada or CIC, I forget which one, had told her that she could change her status to visitor to be able to stay in Canada and that she would still be entitled to EI maternity benefits and AB health had told her she would still qualify for AB health. Now, I would not have thought that somebody on visitor status could still get EI but that is what she was told so it's worth a try for you to ask about it too.