+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status timeline

Eivon923

Jan 16, 2015
Hello everyone :)
I had applied for restoration of status last November 2014 until now I haven't receive any feedback form CIC. Has anyone have same situation please share your timeline. Thanks

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you apply? By paper or online? And what status are you restoring? Student/worker/visitor?

Eivon923

Jan 16, 2015
My work permit has expired last October 2014 I did applied for restoration of status and work permit under same employer by paper application last november 2014 to this date I haven't receive any feedback from CIC .

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I understand you applied for work permit extension with same employer.
You can find current processing time here => cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Currently CIC is processing applications submitted on October 27, 2014 (submitted 101 days ago).
If you applied in November they still have not processed your application.
You can actually call CIC call center and they will tell you the status of your application.
After application is processed it will be forwarded to special department which manages restorations and it will take another 2-4 months for them to restore your status. I would recommend looking towards 4 months and not 2 months because government takes it time.
In the end once you receive decision from CIC please post your timeline in this thread.

Ajose1988

Feb 23, 2015
Hello, my TRV and work permit expired last January 22nd. My application papers are still with me since I am so confuse with the requirements. I also had my Philippine passport renewed last November and it was just released this Feb.12. I would like to apply online but i can't continue to submit the application, since i don't have a flight booking/ticket or an itinerary, is it necessary to have this document? Reading the checklist IMM556, it says "return ticket if available" did u guys applied online? Or by paper? I'll be working with the same
Employer, do i still need an LMO? Looking forward for your reply., thanks