+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response from OINP regarding increase of age and resulting loss of points

lblue21

May 10, 2023
Here it is
Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Under the Express Entry streams, you must submit your application within 45 calendar days from the date your notification of interest from Ontario was issued.Your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes due to a situation beyond your control (e.g. age).

Please review the document checklists page for a list of documents to submit with your application.

If you are unable to submit a required document due to exceptional circumstances beyond your control, please provide a detailed explanation letter when you submit your application.
This is really helpful! I have received the NOI on My 5, 2023 and I will be submitting the docs soon by May 20. My birthday falls on August 21. I know OINP takes 70 - 100 days of processing. I was worried if this would affect my score. Thanks for posting the response here.

Reactions: neo69

sasank.capr

Apr 9, 2024
Here it is
Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Under the Express Entry streams, you must submit your application within 45 calendar days from the date your notification of interest from Ontario was issued.Your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes due to a situation beyond your control (e.g. age).

Please review the document checklists page for a list of documents to submit with your application.

If you are unable to submit a required document due to exceptional circumstances beyond your control, please provide a detailed explanation letter when you submit your application.

Hello Neo69,

Did you get approval for this? My CRS score is 475 on Feb 8, 2024 when I got my NOI from OINP HCP. But on Feb 14, 2024 my CRS score dropped to 470 because of age. The cutoff for Feb 8 draw from OINP HCP is between 471 to 480. I submitted my application before 45 days and on March 20, 2024. Do you think they are going to reject my application? Thanks.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hello Neo69,

Did you get approval for this? My CRS score is 475 on Feb 8, 2024 when I got my NOI from OINP HCP. But on Feb 14, 2024 my CRS score dropped to 470 because of age. The cutoff for Feb 8 draw from OINP HCP is between 471 to 480. I submitted my application before 45 days and on March 20, 2024. Do you think they are going to reject my application? Thanks.
hi congratulations
No your application WILL NOT be rejected if the drop in points is due to age
Like I mentioned on my post I had the same issue
My Oinp was approved and I also got my PR

best of luck and congratulations again