+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response from OINP regarding increase of age and resulting loss of points

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have been asking this question on this forum for some time now. Thank you all for your answers. Currently my score is above 400. Hopefully I'll get a PT notification. But after that it takes a long time till ePR. My age will increase and my score will decrease during that process, which will tale me below 400 and could possibly make me ineligible. So I asked this question to OINP and they replied to me today.

I have also pasted a response another guy received from OINP a year ago with the same situation. Please guide me with respect to the stages of PT notification, ITA and ePR and the two replies (Mine and the other guy). Thank you!

My question:
Category: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Message: Dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing great. I have a question regarding my age points in OINP. My scenario is, that presently I have above 400 score. If I get the OINP PT notification now, it may take more than a year to process till landing in Canada. So after one year due to my age increase I will lose score for age and go below 400. Now my question is that do you consider the same age and score which was at the point of PT notification throughout that lengthy process and keep it constant or I will have to withdraw, the moment my age increase and score decreases below 400? Kindly explain with respect to OINP, ITA and ePR stage. Thank you.

OINP response:
Thank you for your inquiry.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and the time a decision is to be made by OINP officers for their application could lose CRS points that had been awarded to them for their age and for FSW points, which are criteria under the Human Capital Priorities Stream of our program, and those are the criteria under which applications under this stream are assessed.

In that circumstance, an applicant will not be automatically disqualified for nomination.

The OINP will take into consideration the age changed after NOI by using the age at NOI as our parameter for assessment, but at the same time, applicants must continue qualifying under all other criteria.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you.

OntarioImmigration.ca

Another guy's response:

Quote from: austinjes on September 27, 2015, 06:39:31 am
Hi All

I got a PT notification yesterday for Human Capital Priorities Stream

My current score in EE is 404 but after my birthday on Oct 22nd, it will come down to 399.

I have got 45 days to apply under this steam but I feel i'm ineligible since my score is not above the 400 mark after October 2015.

Can any one advice me if I can still apply under this stream?

I'm asking this because in another 25 days my score will come done to 399. Please advise??

I've received the below response from Ontario Immigration that if the age changes in between the receipt of PT notification and Application for PR, there is an exemption.

I still have ten more days to apply, can I go for it.....Please advise
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) - Human Capital Priorities Stream.

>>> CR Score -
A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitation to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant's ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

A temporary public policy will permit the 'EXEMPTION' of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the receipt of the resulting application by CIC.

Accordingly, this 'exemption' will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the application for permanent residence.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What that means is that OINP wouldn't be concerned if age brings your CRS down below 400 anytime AFTER receiving PT notification provided you continue to have 67 or more points on the FSW scale (assuming you don't qualify for CEC).

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
What that means is that OINP wouldn't be concerned if age brings your CRS down below 400 anytime AFTER receiving PT notification provided you continue to have 67 or more points on the FSW scale (assuming you don't qualify for CEC).
Thanks Asivad. And what about Federal stage including ITA and eApr?

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Age exemption applies at that stage as well.
Thanks Asivad . I know I'm am getting annoying sorry for that!

So by this I understand that:
1. Currently my score is 405 at age 40. I will get PT notification maybe soon.
2. After that I will get Nomination for which I will get 600 additional points. My score will go to 1005.
3.Then in the mean time my age will be 41 before the stage of getting an ITA. My total score will drop to 994.
4. I will get the ITA no matter if my age is 41 because my score will be 994 which is way above the present draw scores and ultimately apply for ePR.

Is that correct?
Thanks a bundle!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaksam777 said:
Thanks Asivad . I know I'm am getting annoying sorry for that!

So by this I understand that:
1. Currently my score is 405 at age 40. I will get PT notification maybe soon.
2. After that I will get Nomination for which I will get 600 additional points. My score will go to 1005.
3.Then in the mean time my age will be 41 before the stage of getting an ITA. My total score will drop to 994.
4. I will get the ITA no matter if my age is 41 because my score will be 994 which is way above the present draw scores and ultimately apply for ePR.

Is that correct?
Thanks a bundle!
hi - there is no guarantee the cut off score will be 400 whenever OINP restarts PT, it could be higher, it could be lower also...
but accordong to the old rule - they check your age at the time you send your documents, if its 40 by the time you submit your application, then you should be fine... even if your age goes over 40 afterwards they will still consider your application (provided like i said - old rules continue)

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
hi - there is no guarantee the cut off score will be 400 whenever OINP restarts PT, it could be higher, it could be lower also...
but accordong to the old rule - they check your age at the time you send your documents, if its 40 by the time you submit your application, then you should be fine... even if your age goes over 40 afterwards they will still consider your application (provided like i said - old rules continue)
Thanks thestunner316.
And then I will get additional 600 points after getting OINP nomination which will likely get me an ITA right? So I'll be safe even if I turn 41 before getting an ITA.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaksam777 said:
Thanks thestunner316.
And then I will get additional 600 points after getting OINP nomination which will likely get me an ITA right? So I'll be safe even if I turn 41 before getting an ITA.
absolutely... if and when you get nomination, you are guaranteed to get an ITA, once you accept ITA - profile freezes and whatever score is there , stays...

good luck

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
absolutely... if and when you get nomination, you are guaranteed to get an ITA, once you accept ITA - profile freezes and whatever score is there , stays...

good luck
Thanks!

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
thestunner316 said:

good luck
What about the FSW points? Age will impact that too? Will that Ben locked as well? I was 41 when I got OINP NOI, and 42 when I got NOM followed by ITA...if I don't submit my eAPR before my 43rd bday, will my FSW score fall due to two years get added to my age? That's two points Gone!!!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SanKanKun said:
What about the FSW points? Age will impact that too? Will that Ben locked as well? I was 41 when I got OINP NOI, and 42 when I got NOM followed by ITA...if I don't submit my eAPR before my 43rd bday, will my FSW score fall due to two years get added to my age? That's two points Gone!!!
no, they look at from time you got ITA whether you were eligible or had the required points.

profile is pretty much locked once you get ITA, if you decline then you go back in the pool and normal rules apply.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi all,

I have been asking this question on this forum for some time now. Thank you all for your answers. Currently my score is above 400. Hopefully I'll get a PT notification. But after that it takes a long time till ePR. My age will increase and my score will decrease during that process, which will tale me below 400 and could possibly make me ineligible. So I asked this question to OINP and they replied to me today.

I have also pasted a response another guy received from OINP a year ago with the same situation. Please guide me with respect to the stages of PT notification, ITA and ePR and the two replies (Mine and the other guy). Thank you!

My question:
Category: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Message: Dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing great. I have a question regarding my age points in OINP. My scenario is, that presently I have above 400 score. If I get the OINP PT notification now, it may take more than a year to process till landing in Canada. So after one year due to my age increase I will lose score for age and go below 400. Now my question is that do you consider the same age and score which was at the point of PT notification throughout that lengthy process and keep it constant or I will have to withdraw, the moment my age increase and score decreases below 400? Kindly explain with respect to OINP, ITA and ePR stage. Thank you.

OINP response:
Thank you for your inquiry.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and the time a decision is to be made by OINP officers for their application could lose CRS points that had been awarded to them for their age and for FSW points, which are criteria under the Human Capital Priorities Stream of our program, and those are the criteria under which applications under this stream are assessed.

In that circumstance, an applicant will not be automatically disqualified for nomination.

The OINP will take into consideration the age changed after NOI by using the age at NOI as our parameter for assessment, but at the same time, applicants must continue qualifying under all other criteria.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you.

OntarioImmigration.ca

Another guy's response:

Quote from: austinjes on September 27, 2015, 06:39:31 am
Hi All

I got a PT notification yesterday for Human Capital Priorities Stream

My current score in EE is 404 but after my birthday on Oct 22nd, it will come down to 399.

I have got 45 days to apply under this steam but I feel i'm ineligible since my score is not above the 400 mark after October 2015.

Can any one advice me if I can still apply under this stream?

I'm asking this because in another 25 days my score will come done to 399. Please advise??

I've received the below response from Ontario Immigration that if the age changes in between the receipt of PT notification and Application for PR, there is an exemption.

I still have ten more days to apply, can I go for it.....Please advise
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) - Human Capital Priorities Stream.

>>> CR Score -
A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitation to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant's ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

A temporary public policy will permit the 'EXEMPTION' of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the receipt of the resulting application by CIC.

Accordingly, this 'exemption' will apply to those individuals whose ranking may change due to age from the time an invitation to apply to OINP was sent and receipt of the application for permanent residence.

Hi I am in the same situation - can you please advise if this worked for you

I got an Interest Notification from OINP in my Express Entry profile yesterday - 2nd feb 2023 - I think its part of their human capital draw that happened. I have 45 days to submit the application in the OINP system
I have the below questions
  1. My CRS is 481 as of today but my birth day falls this month ( 16th Feb) so i will loose 10 points. So Do i need to submit the application in OINP before my birth day ? Or can i take the full 45 days to submit my application in OINP. Do i need to submit the application in OINP system before my birth day ?
  2. I also got 5 additional points in my CRS for my spouse canada work experience. But her 1 year will only complete on 13th March 2023.The express entry system award the full points before you actually complete the one year.
I am in a fix now - I thought i will wait till 14th March and then submit the application in OINP but then i will loose points on age.

Please advise on how should i proceed on this.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi I am in the same situation - can you please advise if this worked for you

I got an Interest Notification from OINP in my Express Entry profile yesterday - 2nd feb 2023 - I think its part of their human capital draw that happened. I have 45 days to submit the application in the OINP system
I have the below questions
  1. My CRS is 481 as of today but my birth day falls this month ( 16th Feb) so i will loose 10 points. So Do i need to submit the application in OINP before my birth day ? Or can i take the full 45 days to submit my application in OINP. Do i need to submit the application in OINP system before my birth day ?
  2. I also got 5 additional points in my CRS for my spouse canada work experience. But her 1 year will only complete on 13th March 2023.The express entry system award the full points before you actually complete the one year.
I am in a fix now - I thought i will wait till 14th March and then submit the application in OINP but then i will loose points on age.

Please advise on how should i proceed on this.

I got the reply from OINP for the first point - you dont loose points due to birthday once you have got the NOI - documenting it here incase anyone else has the same question in future.

I still need a confirmation on the 2nd point - can anyone please answer based on past experience / knowledge

Mar 8, 2023
I got the reply from OINP for the first point - you dont loose points due to birthday once you have got the NOI - documenting it here incase anyone else has the same question in future.

I still need a confirmation on the 2nd point - can anyone please answer based on past experience / knowledge
Hi, I have the same situation,it will be really helpful if can you paste the OINP response here for point 1

Reactions: aquamila

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi, I have the same situation,it will be really helpful if can you paste the OINP response here for point 1
Here it is
Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Under the Express Entry streams, you must submit your application within 45 calendar days from the date your notification of interest from Ontario was issued.Your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes due to a situation beyond your control (e.g. age).

Please review the document checklists page for a list of documents to submit with your application.

If you are unable to submit a required document due to exceptional circumstances beyond your control, please provide a detailed explanation letter when you submit your application.

Reactions: aquamila