+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residing in any part of Canada

adoo

Jul 29, 2013
hi
I got my PR through the Quebec investor program and also did my landing and went back to my home country to wind up my business.
Now, due to me not knowing French, I am not sure whether Quebec will be a suitable for me to live.
If I live in Vancouver or Toronto, will it affect my PR status when it comes for renewal.
regards
adoo

beantit

Dec 3, 2012
adoo said:
hi
I got my PR through the Quebec investor program and also did my landing and went back to my home country to wind up my business.
Now, due to me not knowing French, I am not sure whether Quebec will be a suitable for me to live.
If I live in Vancouver or Toronto, will it affect my PR status when it comes for renewal.
regards
adoo
Hi Adoo,

Many people have also touch upon this issue, but nobody can say anything for sure. When you submitted your file to CIO, you signed a confirmation of itention to reside in Quebec, didn't you? So, what you need to do is to show that you really "intend" to live in Quebec (you stay there some time, try to find a job, try to settle in Quebec,...) but you may not success for some reason. Then, you have to move to another city in Canada.

If you just received your PR card and move immediately to another province without a proper reason, there might be a problem in the future when you apply for citizenship.

Please also consult your lawyer about this issue and share with us what he says.

Good luck!

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
adoo said:
hi
regards
adoo
Well, that is tough then..not speaking French and moving to Quebec, good move, you are brave.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to meet the conditions of your program. Was it a requirement of your program that you start a business in Quebec and run it for so many months/years, create so many jobs for such an amount of time etc.? If there was, you will have to do it or you will lose your PR again.

If there was not, well, you applied for Quebec and you must have realized that you do not speak French when you applied. There's not a concrete requirement for most of these provincial programs that you stay for a certain amount of time but it must have been your intention to settle there when you applied as well as when you landed. You do not want it to look like you used their program to get a PR card and never planned on settling there because that could be seen as misrepresentation.

It would be safer for you to start out in Quebec and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, you can always move later.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can live in Quebec close to the Ontario border (such as Ottawa) if you want.