+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

residency status for child tax benefit

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Wife and kids landed in Toronto as Permanent Residents on 15 June 2018- we applied for CCB later in that week, and sent all the requisite copies.

Earlier this month, we got the GST/HST and Ontario Trillium amounts credited to our account. However, for the CCB my wife received a CRA notice that our kids don't meet the residency requirements. Unsure how we can prove that kids were with us as the school is closed too, and we couldn't gain admission by the end of June.
The schools should be open by now, would suggest going there personally and getting their report cards.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
haha! true! sorry, my eyes deceived me, don't know why i thought 2017. my mistake. they can still go to the school and register their kids. hopefully that would be enough.
That's what we plan to do now- I hear school offices in Ontario open on 27 August, Monday. We will also seek clarification from CRA on why they sent us this ludicrous letter of not meeting residency requirements.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
That's what we plan to do now- I hear school offices in Ontario open on 27 August, Monday. We will also seek clarification from CRA on why they sent us this ludicrous letter of not meeting residency requirements.
TDSB schools opened August 20, my daughter goes to one. Goodluck! I hope you get what you need.

Reactions: Jakev