+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Questionnaire

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
Honestly, usually applicants who never had worked and getting social assistance get the citizenship faster ( from an experience). I don't know about the RQ.
yes i told you i had 0 income for 3 years in a row...never got any RQ

i think they make sure u just live here...doesnt matter wat u do

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
well so far only people who got this quality RQ are saying they are 100% genuine and they had no trips abroad. may be they are lying bcz every one is perfect in their eyes

no one who received this quality RQ had said they had some discrepancies in application or doubts
On what basis are you saying that they are lying ?? Don't call someone a liar if you don't know anything about them. Peace

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
On what basis are you saying that they are lying ?? Don't call someone a liar if you don't know anything about them. Peace
Generally speaking, some people are cautious ( called em liars). They want help so they fake reasons and dates. Some people are even afraid to share thier timeline and processing office.

Reactions: azazaz

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Note: please ignore the troll posts which are a distraction -- there are substantive issues of actual significance for some applicants related to questionnaires.

We received a random "Quality Assurance Exercise And Request For Additional Evidence", even though there have been no trips abroad since landing a. CIT0205 (11-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise, which is far more in depth than the CIT0171 (07-2014) E.
Thank you for this. This clarifies some important aspects of this process. I will make a separate post discussing this in more detail.

First, in this post I will address the process more generally and, for the most part, focus on how this kind of information is important and helpful.

I obviously overlooked earlier reporting from alsaour which similarly referred to the previous version of this form, and which is another relatively recent report of a QC -- RQ:

The questionnaire form I got it named/ PHYSICAL PRESENCE QUESTIONNAIRE - QUALITY ASSURANCE EXERCISE "CIT 0205 (05-2017) E" and not the old link you mention it, for the a consent form you asked me was about / HISTORY OF ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES IN THE UNITED STATES, and they want documents that support my residence for the last 4 years in Canada.
Except obviously this is NOT RQ. This is a PPQ, as in "Physical Presence Questionnaire."

One of the questions I have is whether this is entirely separate from what I would describe as for-cause questionnaires.

As I previously observed, the most recent copy of the Residence Questionnaire form I have is the CIT 0171 (07-2014) E version. It makes more sense to me that this form, which is titled "Residence Questionnaire," has been replaced by a form titled "Physical Presence Questionnaire," since qualifying for citizenship has been based on a physical presence requirement since June 2015, NOT a residency requirement. Unfortunately, as I previously noted, many reports in a forum like this tend to be imprecise and the terminology used tends to lag behind the changes made (we continue to see references to communications from and actions by "CIC" even though it has been approximately two years since CIC even existed, replaced by "IRCC").

In particular, I suspect many reports about getting "RQ" may be in reference, rather, to "PPQ."

Thus, one question is whether for-cause questionnaires are also renumbered and are also a version of the CIT 0205.

For many this level of detail may seem to be overkill. But for those of us whose activity here is aimed at providing some well-informed, carefully acquired, actual information, and some analysis including insights into how these processes actually work (as best we can figure this out), the details are important. In the past I did ATI requests (access to information the public is entitled to, rather than the ATIP requests applicants make to find out information about their particular case) in an effort to keep up with as much as we could learn about what happens behind the curtains, and indeed that is the source for various copies of previously utilized RQ and RQ-lite forms I have. I have not kept up with that level of research in the last couple years.

Our collective understanding of the process, and in particular of the various side-roads some applicants may encounter, is dependent on quality reporting from participants in the forum.

It would be very helpful if any other participants who have gotten what they have called "RQ" could specifically report the title of the form, and its formal identification (such as CIT 0171 or CIT 0205 or CIT 0520, and so on), that will contribute significantly to our general understanding AND importantly will help to put into useful context other information related to this. Obviously, the more details given, the better.

glob

Oct 6, 2017
If you get a RQ or FP request, can you see it online in your status (CIC website)?
Thanks.

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
If you get a RQ or FP request, can you see it online in your status (CIC website)?
Thanks.
yes FP can be seen...I dont know about RQ

its like this

1. We sent you correspondence on November 27, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: glob

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Thanks.
ECAS after status changes to in-process: if you see below message it can be RQ or FP.
We sent you correspondence on XXX date. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Also, note that ECAS can still be Application received and you can receive RQ through the mail.

Reactions: glob

Natan

May 22, 2015
Note: please ignore the troll posts which are a distraction -- there are substantive issues of actual significance for some applicants related to questionnaires.

Thank you for this. This clarifies some important aspects of this process. I will make a separate post discussing this in more detail.

First, in this post I will address the process more generally and, for the most part, focus on how this kind of information is important and helpful.

I obviously overlooked earlier reporting from alsaour which similarly referred to the previous version of this form, and which is another relatively recent report of a QC -- RQ:

Except obviously this is NOT RQ. This is a PPQ, as in "Physical Presence Questionnaire."

One of the questions I have is whether this is entirely separate from what I would describe as for-cause questionnaires.

As I previously observed, the most recent copy of the Residence Questionnaire form I have is the CIT 0171 (07-2014) E version. It makes more sense to me that this form, which is titled "Residence Questionnaire," has been replaced by a form titled "Physical Presence Questionnaire," since qualifying for citizenship has been based on a physical presence requirement since June 2015, NOT a residency requirement. Unfortunately, as I previously noted, many reports in a forum like this tend to be imprecise and the terminology used tends to lag behind the changes made (we continue to see references to communications from and actions by "CIC" even though it has been approximately two years since CIC even existed, replaced by "IRCC").

In particular, I suspect many reports about getting "RQ" may be in reference, rather, to "PPQ."

Thus, one question is whether for-cause questionnaires are also renumbered and are also a version of the CIT 0205.

For many this level of detail may seem to be overkill. But for those of us whose activity here is aimed at providing some well-informed, carefully acquired, actual information, and some analysis including insights into how these processes actually work (as best we can figure this out), the details are important. In the past I did ATI requests (access to information the public is entitled to, rather than the ATIP requests applicants make to find out information about their particular case) in an effort to keep up with as much as we could learn about what happens behind the curtains, and indeed that is the source for various copies of previously utilized RQ and RQ-lite forms I have. I have not kept up with that level of research in the last couple years.

Our collective understanding of the process, and in particular of the various side-roads some applicants may encounter, is dependent on quality reporting from participants in the forum.

It would be very helpful if any other participants who have gotten what they have called "RQ" could specifically report the title of the form, and its formal identification (such as CIT 0171 or CIT 0205 or CIT 0520, and so on), that will contribute significantly to our general understanding AND importantly will help to put into useful context other information related to this. Obviously, the more details given, the better.
Included in the request for additional evidence, we received an Information regarding the reference person form. It requires that the reference:
  • Must be able to answer questions regarding your activities in Canada as well as general questions about you: such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering
  • Must have known you personally for at least two years
  • Must be a Canadian citizen and reside in Canada
  • Must be at least 18 years of age
  • Must agree to have his name and contact information entered on this form
  • Cannot be a family member
We may not have a reference who meets these requirements. Besides including a cover letter explaining why, any suggestions on how we might satisfy this requirement?

Reactions: rmorgan

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Included in the request for additional evidence, we received an Information regarding the reference person form. It requires that the reference:
  • Must be able to answer questions regarding your activities in Canada as well as general questions about you: such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering
  • Must have known you personally for at least two years
  • Must be a Canadian citizen and reside in Canada
  • Must be at least 18 years of age
  • Must agree to have his name and contact information entered on this form
  • Cannot be a family member
We do not have a reference that meets these requirements. Besides including a cover letter explaining why, any suggestions on how we might satisfy this requirement?
Obviously this is a very personal matter. The only explanation to give is the truth, some description of the applicant's circumstances which explains how it is the person has been present in Canada at least three years (or four if in reference to an application made prior to October 11) without being known to someone meeting these criteria.

I can readily imagine a number of scenarios in which this might arise, but again those would be very specific to the individual.

Questions:

Obviously not all the items enumerated in the detailed list you reported in the earlier post will be relevant to the applicant. Many applicants do not own their home, for example, so will not have any "Property tax assessments."

Is the form arranged in a way which specifies which particular items the applicant is asked to submit?
Is the form arranged for the applicant to check-off which items are submitted?
Did the form or other parts of what you received ask you to provide information -- such as to fill out another work history, address history, or list things such as community-based activities?
Did the communication from IRCC explicitly describe or refer to this as "random?"

The latter is important. I am surprised by the number of reports there are about this. I might have anticipated this was an exercise specifically related to evaluating the changes implemented in October, but in looking for other related posts I see that the CIT 0205 has been in use since at least May 2017 and has been issued to persons who applied prior to October 11. So at this very moment I am just catching up on these CIT 0205 forms and examining some other reports of RQ rather than this PPQ.

Thus, by the way: I am drafting a new thread about this (too much troll activity in this one), and doing some digging a bit.

Natan

May 22, 2015
Obviously this is a very personal matter. The only explanation to give is the truth, some description of the applicant's circumstances which explains how it is the person has been present in Canada at least three years (or four if in reference to an application made prior to October 11) without being known to someone meeting these criteria.

I can readily imagine a number of scenarios in which this might arise, but again those would be very specific to the individual.

Questions:

Obviously not all the items enumerated in the detailed list you reported in the earlier post will be relevant to the applicant. Many applicants do not own their home, for example, so will not have any "Property tax assessments."

Is the form arranged in a way which specifies which particular items the applicant is asked to submit?
Did the form or other parts of what you received ask you to provide information -- such as to fill out another work history, address history, or list things such as community-based activities?
Did the communication from IRCC explicitly describe or refer to this as "random?"

The latter is important. I am surprised by the number of reports there are about this. I might have anticipated this was an exercise specifically related to evaluating the changes implemented in October, but in looking for other related posts I see that the CIT 0205 has been in use since at least May 2017 and has been issued to persons who applied prior to October 11. So at this very moment I am just catching up on these CIT 0205 forms and examining some other reports of RQ rather than this PPQ.

Thus, by the way: I am drafting a new thread about this (too much troll activity in this one), and doing some digging a bit.
Is the form arranged in a way which specifies which particular items the applicant is asked to submit? Yes
Is the form arranged for the applicant to check-off which items are submitted? Yes
Did the form or other parts of what you received ask you to provide information -- such as to fill out another work history, address history, or list things such as community-based activities? Yes on all counts
Did the communication from IRCC explicitly describe or refer to this as "random?" Yes

If you would like to reach out to me personally, I would be happy to fill you in on the particulars of our case, so you can have more insight into the "random" aspect of our Quality Assurance Exercise.

Natan

May 22, 2015
Questions:

The questions are enumerated in such a way, with ample explanation, so that someone without property, for example, would know they were not required to provide those submissions. The same goes for other questions. I'm afraid, in my rush to brevity, I did not make that clear.

Last edited:

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Thank you dpenabill,

Please draft a new thread clarifying questions about residence questionnaire. There are many people working in outside Canada such as in USA looking for citizenship.

Questions: