+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Questionnaire

Natan

May 22, 2015
try again...its called quote

you dont worry about this bullshit RQ...you will be ok...its good in a sense that if you submit all docs now,, they wont ask anything in interview

its a blessing in disguise
It is possible to receive multiple RQs during the citizenship application process.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
We received a random "Quality Assurance Exercise And Request For Additional Evidence", even though there have been no trips abroad since landing. CIT0205 (11-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise, which is far more in depth than the CIT0171 (07-2014) E.

In addition, the following documents are requested:
  • Passports
  • Entry/Exit Records issued by other countries
  • Provincial/Territorial Personal Health Claims Summary
  • Rental or lease agreements
  • Letter from landlord confirming rental period
  • Property titles or Mortgage documents
  • Property tax assessments
  • Official school transcripts
  • TF Slips from CRA
  • Letters from employers describing each position held, date of hiring, work schedule
  • Records of employment from CRA
  • CRA Statements of Employment Insurance benefit periods
  • Statements of social assistance
  • Statements of disability assistance
  • 3 Letters from suppliers or clients
  • Incorporation documents
  • Advertising contracts
  • Contracts and invoices demonstrating a continuance o business activity
  • Business bank statements
  • Professional licence/membership card/permit to practice
  • A personal Canadian citizen reference who has known you for the past 2 years and can answer questions about you such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering
  • Fingerprints
We have 60 days from the date of the letter to respond.
Was that after getting AOR and before IP? Seems to be really random.

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
We received a random "Quality Assurance Exercise And Request For Additional Evidence", even though there have been no trips abroad since landing. CIT0205 (11-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise, which is far more in depth than the CIT0171 (07-2014) E.

• Passports
  • TF Slips from CRA
  • Letters from employers describing each position held, date of hiring, work schedule
  • Advertising contracts
  • A personal Canadian citizen reference who has known you for the past 2 years and can answer questions about you such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering
  • Fingerprints

are you a US citizen? if yes that why may be u received RQ ?

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011

• Passports
  • TF Slips from CRA
  • Advertising contracts
  • Fingerprints
I think they are personally targeting people who seemed to be 100% genuine just to prove their bull shit system is working..people who have doubts in their application are not receiving any such bull shit quality control thing

my assumption

to be honest when i had applied for my citizenship i had 0 income for 3 consecuitive years..i never got any RQ

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

• Passports
  • TF Slips from CRA
  • Advertising contracts
  • Fingerprints
Hi, sorry to hear that. May I ask, what is your status on ECAS ? Is it "application received" or "in process" ? Thanks and good luck

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
I'm curious as to why you would think this?
bcz i have heard from 4 -5 people on this forum that who had us h1-b visa or lots of trips to usa they were given hard time in interview...us links are not much appreciated in my conclusion

especially after donald trump came into power many people tried to flee from usa to canada so may be canada is more carfeul now

my assumption

Natan

May 22, 2015
bcz i have heard from 4 -5 people on this forum that who had us h1-b visa or lots of trips to usa they were given hard time in interview...us links are not much appreciated in my conclusion

especially after donald trump came into power many people tried to flee from usa to canada so may be canada is more carfeul now

my assumption
I believe that being a U.S. citizen does not heighten the chances of receiving an RQ. However, having lots of trips to the U.S. would heighten such scrutiny, which is understandable, as IRCC is concerned with the applicant meeting the presence requirements.

It would be economic suicide for Canada to retaliate against Americans to show their disapproval of a serving U.S. President. Let's not forget that Canada is completely at America's mercy (e.g., militarily, economically) -- no Canadian Prime Minister is likely to ever forget that fact.

Natan

May 22, 2015
Did the applicant receive RQ before the application changed to in process? Also did they get the RQ via email?

Thanks
RQ was received weeks after the status changed to "In Process". RQ was received via mail (RQs are never sent via email).

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
I believe that being a U.S. citizen does not heighten the chances of receiving an RQ. However, having lots of trips to the U.S. would heighten such scrutiny, which is understandable, as IRCC is concerned with the applicant meeting the presence requirements.

It would be economic suicide for Canada to retaliate against Americans to show their disapproval of a serving U.S. President. Let's not forget that Canada is completely at America's mercy (e.g., militarily, economically) -- no Canadian Prime Minister is likely to ever forget that fact.
but usa tried to attack and occupy canada in 1812 but was defeated....usa is still a looser