+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Questionnaire (RQ) Recent experiences?

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
So just an update, my father passed away on July 28... I abandoned my RQ due to too much emotional stress. I did write to them and sent the death certificate so that they could update my file.

They wrote back two weeks ago and gave me another 30 days. I have decide to try!

To answer questions above, yes, I HAVE lived here in Canada for WAY more than 4 years, 2000 days at the time of application, however I do take frequent weekend trips to the USA for dance competitions, and I spent 5 months in Europe in 2016 (the year that I applied. That, coupled with being self-employed (and thus mobile) I guess made them want more information.

I am a British Citizen (so have the same Queen), a native English speaker (one of Canada's two official languages), college educated, and providing employment through my small business to Canadians, , and my business works to help Canadian charities, I pay my taxes every year - Honestly, if they don't want me to be a Canadian, then there is something wrong with the system.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Very sorry to hear your father's passing away.

Best luck with your RQ interview! I agree that your grant of citizenship should be very straightforward.

Please kindly keep the fellow forum members updated. There is scaring saying that processing time of citizenship application with RQ may take up to 36 months

So just an update, my father passed away on July 28... I abandoned my RQ due to too much emotional stress. I did write to them and sent the death certificate so that they could update my file.

They wrote back two weeks ago and gave me another 30 days. I have decide to try!

To answer questions above, yes, I HAVE lived here in Canada for WAY more than 4 years, 2000 days at the time of application, however I do take frequent weekend trips to the USA for dance competitions, and I spent 5 months in Europe in 2016 (the year that I applied. That, coupled with being self-employed (and thus mobile) I guess made them want more information.

I am a British Citizen (so have the same Queen), a native English speaker (one of Canada's two official languages), college educated, and providing employment through my small business to Canadians, , and my business works to help Canadian charities, I pay my taxes every year - Honestly, if they don't want me to be a Canadian, then there is something wrong with the system.

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
I just received RQ :(

Is anyone else going through this right now? Does anyone have a checklist or spreadsheet they have used for gathering all the info?

What are some people's recent experiences around this situation? I am only finding older threads, so I wanted to start a new one.
Hi there,
I am now in the same situation :-( can you provide any update please!!! I had sent out everything last week; do you think my file will get delayed for sure?

samax

Mar 6, 2018
Hi there,
I am now in the same situation :-( can you provide any update please!!! I had sent out everything last week; do you think my file will get delayed for sure?
Very sorry to hear that vancouverbc2013... Any idea why that happend to you too? Did you spent too much time outside of Canada?

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

unfortunately my family members are in the same situation. documents were sent only yesterday, any update on the issue from people in the same situation will be very much appreciated.

are there any estimated times on when to expect a reply?