+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Questionnaire recd.. please advise

Sep 4, 2012
Hi,
my wife and i landed on 4th april 2009.
since then we have spent a little over 180 days in canada ( in slots of 10 days, 4 months and finally 2 months.)

I am having considerable difficulty trying to meet th target with an ailing mother in law and other domestic issues back in our home country.
I am presently still in india .. in march 2013 , we were informed that we have received a Residency Questionnaire which i have ignored since i am still out of the country.
we are planning to get into canada by april 2014 ie before my pr card expires.

what are th implications of this questionnaire..i believe there was a 45 day deadline which i hv obviously missed..as per th advice here, i was going to enter canada and wait for two yrs before applying for a renewal of my pr card...what do i do in the light of this RQ...please help

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you landed in April 2009 and have a PR Card out to April 2014 why did you get an RQ? What is the RQ in relation to? A citizenship application? Did you apply for a new PR Card in advance?

Sep 4, 2012
thx for ur reply.
i certainly did not apply for a new pr card in advance..
all i remember is at th time of landing we informed th IO that we had an ailing mother at home and wud need to return to india frequently to take care of her.
he made a note of it and informed us accordingly.
he had even mentioned that most people find it diff to meet their residency obligations..
cud that be th reason i got the RQ?