+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency during inland application

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey canadavisa.

I am planning on applying inland with my wife. My question is, due to the fact that I am american and I have strong family ties to the US. Would I be in danger of losing my application if I were to make frequent visits (once or twice a month) to the US to visit family and friends.

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Yes. There are numerous threads on this site about this exact topic. If you plan on traveling frequently you are advised to apply Outland. Unfortunately, if you leave while your inland application is processing, there is no guarantee you can re-enter Canada and thus your application will no longer be processed (as you won’t be residing in Canada, which is a requirement of applying inland). Then you’ll have to start all over again. Your safest best in your situation is to apply Outland, and then if you wish to work get an employer to sponsor you for a closed work permit.

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Yes. There are numerous threads on this site about this exact topic. If you plan on traveling frequently you are advised to apply Outland. Unfortunately, if you leave while your inland application is processing, there is no guarantee you can re-enter Canada and thus your application will no longer be processed (as you won’t be residing in Canada, which is a requirement of applying inland). Then you’ll have to start all over again. Your safest best in your situation is to apply Outland, and then if you wish to work get an emploawesome we to sponsor you for a closed work permit.
thank you!