Residence Questionnaire Applicants Meeting On Mar 02, Sat With Lawyer

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
Hi Mary chad,

After a long wait of 23 months, got a pretest RQ :mad: whenever i called the call center,they said your application is very smooth, nothing wrong you ll hear in a few days.it is so frustrating.did not visit my home country for the past 5 years, just because of this citizenship. I thought that once I would get the passport,only then I ll visit my home country. :-[
any advise,as I know you are the one who can give me the best advise.

thanks
@moti this is sad to hear that you received RQ after 23 months of waiting, Just focus on submitting the solid response/evidence for now, what is your timeline? let us know if you need any information.

Good Luck
Mary

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
Hi Mary chad,

After a long wait of 23 months, got a pretest RQ :mad: whenever i called the call center,they said your application is very smooth, nothing wrong you ll hear in a few days.it is so frustrating.did not visit my home country for the past 5 years, just because of this citizenship. I thought that once I would get the passport,only then I ll visit my home country. :-[
any advise,as I know you are the one who can give me the best advise.

thanks
@ moti this is sad to hear that you received RQ after 23 months of waiting, Just focus on submitting the solid response/evidence for now, what is your timeline? let us know if you need any information.

Good Luck
Mary

winni-peg

Jun 16, 2012
Mary Chad said:
Today's Update for Feb 27,2013...Cic is still quoting 48 months for RQ review.

We are organizing a public session to discuss the new federal policies that are in place for the review of residency status of citizenship applicants (Residency Questionnaire Form).

Immigration Lawyer who practices immigration law in Toronto will be available to discuss this issue:

Date & Time: Saturday, March 2, 2013, 2 PM – 4 PM
Free to public (No admission required)

Please feel free to mail me if you have any questions.

Regards
Mary

https://twitter.com/ResidencyQ
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-Canadian-Citizenship-Residence-Questionnaire-Receivers/141451489349574
Hi Mary,
Me and my husband are the victims of this RQ, we applied for citizenship in 10/2010 wrote our test 07/2012 filled out RQ in 10/2012 Since then nothing...I feel so helpless don't know what we did wrong. We both work hard since we came here pay out taxes. Can you please tell me how long [approximately] do I have to wait for oath?
Thanks!
Regards,
Kiran.

winni-peg

Jun 16, 2012
Hi Mary,
Me and my husband are victim of this RQ. My timeline is applied for Citizenship in 10/2010, then my husband got fingerprint in 12/2011, wrote out test 07/2012 and after that in 10/2012 asked for RQ submit that in 10/2012 since then NOTHING.. it very frustrating, I feel helpless :(. We both work hard since we came pay out taxes never ask for well fare. Can please tell me how long do I have to wait to get my oath?
Thanks!
Regards,
Kieran

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winni-peg said:
Hi Mary,
Me and my husband are victim of this RQ. My timeline is applied for Citizenship in 10/2010, then my husband got fingerprint in 12/2011, wrote out test 07/2012 and after that in 10/2012 asked for RQ submit that in 10/2012 since then NOTHING.. it very frustrating, I feel helpless :(. We both work hard since we came pay out taxes never ask for well fare. Can please tell me how long do I have to wait to get my oath?
Thanks!
Regards,
Kieran
I wish i know how long Cic will treat hard working PR's like this, By 10/2013 you will be eligible for mandamus, Talk to your MP, check with call center and see what timeline they are suggesting also apply for your Atip, get the docs ready, i see people are getting ready for class action, get involved via twitter
https://twitter.com/ResidencyQ

moti

Oct 24, 2012
@ moti this is sad to hear that you received RQ after 23 months of waiting, Just focus on submitting the solid response/evidence for now, what is your timeline? let us know if you need any information.

Good Luck
Mary

@ Mary,My timeline is as follows;

Application received May 2011
Started processing March 2012
RQ March 2013

How did you know the addresses for CBSA and OHIP medical records ??
Is there any fax number for these offices ?? I also lived in Calgary in 2007 and now I do not have the lease agreement .I threw away it as I thought why should I keep it after 4 years.
I had no idea that I might need it. I do have my T4 while I was working in Calgary,Is that enough ??
Please do not mind, I know you have been through it,so you would understand.Is meeting with MP helpful? Shall I get a letter from MP ??

Thanks.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:

Good Luck
Mary

RQ March 2013

Is there any fax number for these offices ?? I also lived in Calgary in 2007 and now I do not have the lease agreement .I threw away it as I thought why should I keep it after 4 years.
I had no idea that I might need it. I do have my T4 while I was working in Calgary,Is that enough ??
Please do not mind, I know you have been through it,so you would understand.Is meeting with MP helpful? Shall I get a letter from MP ??

Thanks.
I know addresses because i applied for these reports when i was RQ'ed in May 2012...You can meet MP and see if he/she able to help but first submit the response in given 45 days time,
also don't wait for CBSA/Ohip record since those taking 6-8 weeks these days, you can submit them later, Also try to contact your old leasing company/landlord and see if you can obtain a copy.
T4's will be good as well.

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
moti said:

Good Luck
Mary

RQ March 2013

Thanks.
Hi moti I had the same problem .So I explained everything in a separate letter about the issue and you don't need the cbsa report now, just sign the consent.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
I am responding to my RQ. If anything different I need to be doing based on your meeting with the lawyer please let me know. Also, please let me know if this lawyer will be willing to represent my case for a reasonable fee. I am not sure if a lawyer is really needed.

Thank you very much for all advice and prompt responses.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Mary, I would say the same "I am responding to my RQ. If anything different I need to be doing based on your meeting with the lawyer please let me know. Also, please let me know if this lawyer will be willing to represent my case for a reasonable fee. I am not sure if a lawyer is really needed. "

Thank you very much for all advice and prompt responses.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At this stage i think hiring lawyer is not necessary, if you have all the documents, then just submit your RQ response with confidence.
But again it's up to you.

HuronBird

Jan 8, 2013
It's amazing how basic rights of thousands of people getting violated without real measures to address this serious issue in our society. Very few discussed this RQ issue based on equality and fair opportunity grounds. Allow me explain it further in bullet point below

1- CIC received applications from X1 and X2 for citizenship on the same day of for example January 1st of 2010

2- CIC of e.g. Toronto send both X1 and X2 invitation to take citizenship test on e.g. Sep 2011

3- CIC officer based on some criteria that is not transparent to the public and not proven to be accurate nor correct, will have the freedom to classify applicant X2 to be suspicious of not completing the residency requirements for citizenship. And hand out applicant X2 a residency questionnaire that has nothing wrong except it comes along with at least 2 years freeze in citizenship process. CIC is currently stating its actually 4 years of punishment, I mean waiting due to backlog.

The backgrounds of applicant X2 doesn’t matter if he or she is a business man or a high tech professional...that needs to travel the abroad to pay her or his earning and pay the relevant tax into the system. It doesn’t matter if he or she has included into the residence calculation only the combined physical presence in Canada to come up => 1095 days. I have even heard about people that didn’t even travel abroad and received the RQ. It’s based on the discretion of the CIC officer to hand out RQ to any applicants the he or she wishes to make their lives more complicated. For example, restraining them from the Mobility rights that are mentioned in "Discover Canada" book. OR taking up jobs in government departments where Canadian citizenship is required. Or even vote to choose how their paid tax will be spent in their society.

4- CIC officer send X1 to take up the oath on e.g January of 2012
5- X3 applicant comes up in the picture and submit application in January of 2012
6- X3 applicant take up the citizenship test in Janary of 2013
7- X3 applicant take up the oath on March of 2013
8- X2 applicant who applied in January of 2010 is still waiting without seeing any light at the end of tunnel.
9- Justice is served in the eyes of the CIC officer, equality and fair opportunity for all applicants is just a statement but when it comes to practice, then applicants such as X2 is out of the equation.
If we can’t do our jobs properly, then we need help, why not look at the British System as an example or get consultations of how we can improve the citizenship process for X2. Which are thousands of humans believed in our Canadian system and came here to start a new prosperous life looking for equality and fair opportunity… Government let them in on the immigration basis then we get them stuck on citizenship basis.
If there is an intention to clear backlogs then they will be cleared in no time. If the intention is to screen applicants all the way to the core to filter out fraud cases then its also doable in reasonable time. There are tens of thousands of Canadians without jobs and thousands of them are highly qualified to join CIC, why not we do something about it, why don’t we increase citizenship fees so that the processing fees are covered.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
HuronBird said:
It's amazing how basic rights of thousands of people getting violated without real measures to address this serious issue in our society. Very few discussed this RQ issue based on equality and fair opportunity grounds. Allow me explain it further in bullet point below

1- CIC received applications from X1 and X2 for citizenship on the same day of for example January 1st of 2010

2- CIC of e.g. Toronto send both X1 and X2 invitation to take citizenship test on e.g. Sep 2011

3- CIC officer based on some criteria that is not transparent to the public and not proven to be accurate nor correct, will have the freedom to classify applicant X2 to be suspicious of not completing the residency requirements for citizenship. And hand out applicant X2 a residency questionnaire that has nothing wrong except it comes along with at least 2 years freeze in citizenship process. CIC is currently stating its actually 4 years of punishment, I mean waiting due to backlog.

The backgrounds of applicant X2 doesn't matter if he or she is a business man or a high tech professional...that needs to travel the abroad to pay her or his earning and pay the relevant tax into the system. It doesn't matter if he or she has included into the residence calculation only the combined physical presence in Canada to come up => 1095 days. I have even heard about people that didn't even travel abroad and received the RQ. It's based on the discretion of the CIC officer to hand out RQ to any applicants the he or she wishes to make their lives more complicated. For example, restraining them from the Mobility rights that are mentioned in "Discover Canada" book. OR taking up jobs in government departments where Canadian citizenship is required. Or even vote to choose how their paid tax will be spent in their society.

4- CIC officer send X1 to take up the oath on e.g January of 2012
5- X3 applicant comes up in the picture and submit application in January of 2012
6- X3 applicant take up the citizenship test in Janary of 2013
7- X3 applicant take up the oath on March of 2013
8- X2 applicant who applied in January of 2010 is still waiting without seeing any light at the end of tunnel.
9- Justice is served in the eyes of the CIC officer, equality and fair opportunity for all applicants is just a statement but when it comes to practice, then applicants such as X2 is out of the equation.
If we can't do our jobs properly, then we need help, why not look at the British System as an example or get consultations of how we can improve the citizenship process for X2. Which are thousands of humans believed in our Canadian system and came here to start a new prosperous life looking for equality and fair opportunity... Government let them in on the immigration basis then we get them stuck on citizenship basis.
If there is an intention to clear backlogs then they will be cleared in no time. If the intention is to screen applicants all the way to the core to filter out fraud cases then its also doable in reasonable time. There are tens of thousands of Canadians without jobs and thousands of them are highly qualified to join CIC, why not we do something about it, why don't we increase citizenship fees so that the processing fees are covered.
Really very good post. It is really stupid the way this RQ stuff goes. I feel it very idiotic. Hope they do something about it.