+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

residence application

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
Hi everybody! im new here and this is my first time in posting something.. please excuse my spelling mistakes.. i actually speak spanish so.. kinda complicated sometimes for me.

The thing is.. im from Uruguay, South America.. a year ago i met someone over the internet.. yeah... and i came to meet him last January.. everything went amazing.. we even got engaged.. and we are planning to get married in July. The first time i came to Canada, last January i came with a ONE entrance VISA.. now i asked for a MULTIPLE entrance VISA and they gave it to me and ive been living in Canada for a month already.

The question is.. is it ok if we get married in July and apply for my residence after that? can i keep going to my country to visit my family while apply'n for the residence? Which is the easier way to do the right things? We want to go to Uruguay in August to spend his bday and my mom's and have our honey moon there.. but we are so worried thinking the authorities wont let me come back. (inmigration i mean).

ok.. thats all.. thanks everybody and we really appreciate ur help.

Beth and Brynn ;D

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Beth0386 said:
Hi everybody! im new here and this is my first time in posting something.. please excuse my spelling mistakes.. i actually speak spanish so.. kinda complicated sometimes for me.

The thing is.. im from Uruguay, South America.. a year ago i met someone over the internet.. yeah... and i came to meet him last January.. everything went amazing.. we even got engaged.. and we are planning to get married in July. The first time i came to Canada, last January i came with a ONE entrance VISA.. now i asked for a MULTIPLE entrance VISA and they gave it to me and ive been living in Canada for a month already.

The question is.. is it ok if we get married in July and apply for my residence after that? can i keep going to my country to visit my family while apply'n for the residence? Which is the easier way to do the right things? We want to go to Uruguay in August to spend his bday and my mom's and have our honey moon there.. but we are so worried thinking the authorities wont let me come back. (inmigration i mean).

ok.. thats all.. thanks everybody and we really appreciate ur help.

Beth and Brynn ;D
Hey

Yes its ok to get married here and after that you apply for permenant residance under the spousal catagory you would have to choose which way to go inland or outlad start by reading the top post in the following thread by Leon:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

Also u need to go to this site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Cheers