Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Guys,

Wanted your input on the new research section in the work history part when filling up the Post ITA application. Any idea how to go about it?

May 17, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
18-06-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2017
I was about to ask the same thing. I wasn't able to log in yesterday due to CIC server maintenance, and was only able to check my account today.. when I saw the In Progress tabs. I was so sure I completed my Work History. Anyway, I'll start answering it now.

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I marked it as YES and answered questions. It hardly takes 2-3 mins.

You can set it to NO. This will not impact your EE profile/application.

hsn005

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
while making my EE profile, i also marked yes in the section " some jobs are regulated in Canada. do you know ur primary occupation or trade is regulated?

and i ticked first part where it was written that contacted the regulatory body for information on the process.

well i did not ever contact them except sending an email to get some info regarding the requirements acc. to my job profile.

did i do right???? help plz

btw i am a mechanical engineer

Last edited:

Pandey013

Sep 10, 2016
Hi, My NOC code is 2173 and I am working on PGWP in Canada. applying for Express Entry CEC
Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? what should I say Yes/No

I have marked Yes. Which led to second question

What have you done so far to get this license or certificate? Mark all that apply.

Contacted the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates for information on the process
Sent my education credentials, proof of skills or work experience to be assessed by the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates
Completed all education, language, or skills upgrade requirements
Passed all oral, written and practical exams
Completed internship or work experience requirements
Passed all licensing requirements and got a license or certificate to practice
My licence from my home country was fully recognised and I have license to practice in Canada without the need to upgrade my skills

I answered: Completed all education, language, or skills upgrade requirements

Is it correct??

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi, My NOC code is 2173 and I am working on PGWP in Canada. applying for Express Entry CEC
Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? what should I say Yes/No

What have you done so far to get this license or certificate? Mark all that apply.

Contacted the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates for information on the process
Sent my education credentials, proof of skills or work experience to be assessed by the regulatory body that issues licenses or certificates
My licence from my home country was fully recognised and I have license to practice in Canada without the need to upgrade my skills

I answered: Completed all education, language, or skills upgrade requirements

Is it correct??
Hello , I have a same concern , can someone please help on this ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
It's for their research purposes, why the panic? There's no correct or wrong answers here

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Guys- does it make any difference if I mark this as no? It is tricky in my case as currently my primary occupation is in research in Canada, while I complete the law requirements to practice law, that being the intended occupation in the future.

OR can I answer the research question for intended occupation as it was my primary occupation before coming to Canada? Though it is not listed as the applicable NOC. Please let me know. Thank you!

Best,
Bend

SeeYesE

Apr 8, 2020
Hi, My NOC code is 1111 and I am working as Chartered Accountant in India applying for Express Entry

In the research section

My license from my home country was fully recognized and I have license to practice in Canada without the need to upgrade my skills

Please lhelp me by letting me know which one/all should I tick

Thanks