+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rescheduling oath ceremony

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
what if it is an in person ceremony ?
Taking the Oath online is straightforward. If your request for cancellation is accepted, the Oath officer will inform you, and you can simply disconnect from the Zoom meeting.
Oath officer can accept for cancellation request then and there too.

However, if you’re coming from outside Canada for an in-person Oath, a cancellation could result in significant monetary and emotional stress.

If you’re comfortable with this risk, you could proceed. It might be beneficial to confirm with the IRCC beforehand via call but I am unsure how to do that from outside Canada,

sri_e

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hey All,
I have sent them an email with subject : Outside Canada – Oath of citizenship
I have joined the ceremony and they asked me to send my Boarding Pass once I am back in CANADA.
I am here in CANADA and I would like to know what SUBJECT should I use to send them my boarding pass and request them to reschedule my OATH.
Please help, Thanks In Advance!!!

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
My daughter was schedule for April 5, 2023, but could not attend because she was out of country. She got an update yesterday for a new date, so roughly it took about two months to reschedule a new date.
did you send them an email after you missed your first oath?

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
Hey All,
I have joined the ceremony and they asked me to send my Boarding Pass once I am back in CANADA.
I am here in CANADA and I would like to know what SUBJECT should I use to send them my boarding pass and request them to reschedule my OATH.
did you say you have already joined the online ceremony ? why do you still need to reschedule ?

sk19291

Mar 6, 2024
Hey All,
The subject should be Ceremony - New date/time needed <> Your File Number. This is what was mentioned in one of the emails I received from them.

I have sent several emails and it's been over a month that I haven't heard back from them. They can be terrible when it comes to rescheduling.