+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule Oath Ceremony Mississauga Office For 1st March 2023

Ingridflores

May 15, 2017
I wonder if emailing them every week to follow up would even make any difference. I contacted my local MP, they got back to me saying I'm in the queue and I just have to wait.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi all, if our application is being processed by Mississauga office, do we need to contact MP from Mississauga? Or the MP from the jurisdiction where we live? Like Toronto or Brampton for example?

Joshi85

Apr 14, 2015
Dear all here is my situation..
I had received oath ceremony invitation email on 29 July and my oath was on 10th of August 2023. As soon as I received email, I replied on same email that As I am outside Canada and getting some medical treatment therefore I am not able to travel back on due time.I send them the necessary documents such as doctors notes... etc and requested them to allow me to take oath outside Canada if possible as I am not able to travel for few months.However I received only automated reply..That this is a receipt and we will not reply until necessary.Okay i thought they will take some time may be few weeks and than consider my situation.but so far I have not received any reply instead of using web form and mailing them again.I tried their customers service number but it does work , i don't know may be because I am outside Canada.
I am surprised at their poor efficiency because at least they should reply whether or not they grant permission to take oath outside .I would welcome you opinion on this situation and what should I do
Note : my office is Mississauga

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Dear all here is my situation..
I had received oath ceremony invitation email on 29 July and my oath was on 10th of August 2023. As soon as I received email, I replied on same email that As I am outside Canada and getting some medical treatment therefore I am not able to travel back on due time.I send them the necessary documents such as doctors notes... etc and requested them to allow me to take oath outside Canada if possible as I am not able to travel for few months.However I received only automated reply..That this is a receipt and we will not reply until necessary.Okay i thought they will take some time may be few weeks and than consider my situation.but so far I have not received any reply instead of using web form and mailing them again.I tried their customers service number but it does work , i don't know may be because I am outside Canada.
I am surprised at their poor efficiency because at least they should reply whether or not they grant permission to take oath outside .I would welcome you opinion on this situation and what should I do
Note : my office is Mississauga
What does your tracker show?

Joshi85

Apr 14, 2015
What does your tracker show?
It shows the old message.. which was updated on 10th August ,no update ever since.message was following..
"Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on August 10, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation".
And the citizenship ceremony tab shows " in progress " ..

Ingridflores

May 15, 2017
Got an update today! Initial oath was April 14 2023, and it's been showing in progress since the first invitation was sent. Today they updated back to not started, so I think they'll send a new invitation soon.

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
After four months of waiting, my oath ceremony has finally been rescheduled.
May 24, 2023 Original in-person ceremony (Absence)
Jun 21, 2023 Submitting boarding passes by email
Oct 3, 2023 Status tracker update (No email yet)
Oct 20, 2023 Virtual oath ceremony
IRCC office: Mississauga
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Miharbi

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
After waiting over 6 months for rescheduling oath..... finally some movement today

Feb 15 - original notice to appear received via email
Feb 21 - Initial Oath date
Mar 5 - Returned & shared boarding passes as proof of return
Sep 18 - Citizenship ceremony on tracker changed from "In progress" to "Not started"
Oct 3 - Scheduled for Citizenship of Oath on October 19 (no email yet)

Good luck everyone

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
After four months of waiting, my oath ceremony has finally been rescheduled.
May 24, 2023 Original in-person ceremony (Absence)
Jun 21, 2023 Submitting boarding passes by email
Oct 3, 2023 Status tracker update (No email yet)
Oct 20, 2023 Virtual oath ceremony
Good luck everyone!
Just got the email and instructions for Oct 20 video ceremony.

Good luck everyone!