+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REQUIRED AGE OF CHILD TO SPONSOR A LIVE IN CAREGIVER.. NEED HELP ASAP..

lala123

Jul 2, 2011
HI,
MY PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER HAS A 20 YR OLD SON AND A 15 YR OLD DAUGHTER. IS SHE STILL QUALIFIED TO SPONSOR A LIVE IN CARE GIVER?????

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have never seen a maximum age for a child to have a live-in caregiver. A child becomes an adult in Canada at age 18. Now, I suppose it is not common to have a live-in caregiver for a 15 yo. but they might have a good reason for it, maybe they work nights and don't want the 15 yo. to be alone in the house in case the 20 yo. sibling is not home.

lala123

Jul 2, 2011
Leon said:
I have never seen a maximum age for a child to have a live-in caregiver. A child becomes an adult in Canada at age 18. Now, I suppose it is not common to have a live-in caregiver for a 15 yo. but they might have a good reason for it, maybe they work nights and don't want the 15 yo. to be alone in the house in case the 20 yo. sibling is not home.
ARE THOSE KINDS OF REASONS ACCEPTABLE?? CAUSE BOTH THE PARENTS ARE WORKING FULLTIME AND THE 20 YR OLD GOES TO UNIVERSITY DOWNTOWN HE'S JUST HOME DURING THE WEEKENDS AND SCHOOL BREAKS.

TigerLilly

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lala123 said:
ARE THOSE KINDS OF REASONS ACCEPTABLE?? CAUSE BOTH THE PARENTS ARE WORKING FULLTIME AND THE 20 YR OLD GOES TO UNIVERSITY DOWNTOWN HE'S JUST HOME DURING THE WEEKENDS AND SCHOOL BREAKS.
Hi. I am friends with some live-in caregivers and the usual age of the kids they are taking care of are usually newborns to 13 yr olds. If your child has special needs and it is necessary to have continuos care....then yes even if the age is over 18. But a 20 yr old going to university and a 15 yr old who can take care of herself....it may not be a viable reason to need a live-in caregiver.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
lala123,
For your information i have the same case with you before, i was hired to work as as live in caregiver to my jewish employer's 15years old son because he is still considered as a minor,my employer and his wife are always came home late at night because of there catering business that they need somebody to watch over there teenager son ,yes its okey they can sponsor u as live in caregiver, i was working with them for 2years and 3months, i am now an open work permit category and waiting for my PR approval.CHEER UP ;D