+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
applebuet said:
I sent my picture on 18th April and received on 21st April. In my case it was received by Doug Stephenson too. Unfortunately since then it turned into a disappointing silence.

Is there anyone who submitted their photos around mid April and received their PR card?
I am sure we will receive our PR card by the end of this month HOPEFULLY. My wife's photos were also received by Doug Stephenson on April 25th.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
edmonton1985 said:
I am sure we will receive our PR card by the end of this month HOPEFULLY. My wife's photos were also received by Doug Stephenson on April 25th.
I also resubmitted photos around that time. I think that when this happens the waiting period starts all over again, which is 64 days now, i.e., I don't expect to receive my card before the third week of July.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
espg_007 said:
I also resubmitted photos around that time. I think that when this happens the waiting period starts all over again, which is 64 days now, i.e., I don't expect to receive my card before the third week of July.
I think someone from the other post received their PR cards 2 days ago and they resubmitted their pictures on April 21st as well. I think the 64 days period will NOT apply to us since we resubmitted pictures in April (when the processing time was around 50 days).

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Just wanted to let you guys know that my sister (living in Burlington, ON) just informed me that she received my PR card today. Phew! what a relief! CIC received my photos on May 2nd. So it took 52 days from the day they received my photos.

I sent them by US priority mail to their P.O. box address and took pics at a studio in Oakland, CA. So they had no issues with those things (I was especially concerned about sending them pics taken by a studio outside Canada)

You guys should get yours very shortly!

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
747-captain said:
Just wanted to let you guys know that my sister (living in Burlington, ON) just informed me that she received my PR card today. Phew! what a relief! CIC received my photos on May 2nd. So it took 52 days from the day they received my photos.

I sent them by US priority mail to their P.O. box address and took pics at a studio in Oakland, CA. So they had no issues with those things (I was especially concerned about sending them pics taken by a studio outside Canada)

Congrats Captain!!!

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
My photos were received on 4th May and today I called CIC to check status and they said that my CARD is in production.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
747-captain said:

Congrats! I hope i receive m wife's PR card by the end of this week hopefully !

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi Guys, I read in one thread that there are cases that shipping PR card outside Canada was hold by customs. By any chance, if we used DHL or FedEx, do we need to declare that it is PR card inside?

Anyone can share their experiences for those who did soft landing and received their PR card successfully? Which courier did you guys used?

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
I have been told that my wife's PR card has been shipped today.

We landed 16 March and re-sent photos 4 My 2016

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
xceptional88 said:
I have been told that my wife's PR card has been shipped today.

We landed 16 March and re-sent photos 4 My 2016
Congrats! I am still waiting for my wife's PR Card. Her photos were received on April 25th.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
i called CIC again and they tell me the same thing that there is no update and it doesnt even show whether they received my new photos back in April 25th, 2016. Even though I sent it by registered mail and it was received there and i have the record. Then she told me that the PR center does not put any updates on the file and they might have received the photos but probably didnt update it. I am wondering inf anyone else had the same discussion and then received the PR Card very shortly? Secondly, i have also seen people on this forum who have been saying that when they call the CIC agent, they tell them whether their card is in production or it has been dispatched. Do CIC agents have the access to that information or not?
I am really worried now since I know Canada Post might go on Strike starting next week.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
hi guys,

I am trying to fill out the case specific inquiry form and I need some help. There are two fields in the form. One of them is applicant information and the other is the enquirer identification information. What is the difference? My wife wants to fill this out to inquire about her PR card and what details goes under the applicant and the enquirer fields. Please help. thanks.
Here is the link to the form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Just choose applicant and write her information only.

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
edmonton1985 said:
i called CIC again and they tell me the same thing that there is no update and it doesnt even show whether they received my new photos back in April 25th, 2016. Even though I sent it by registered mail and it was received there and i have the record. Then she told me that the PR center does not put any updates on the file and they might have received the photos but probably didnt update it. I am wondering inf anyone else had the same discussion and then received the PR Card very shortly? Secondly, i have also seen people on this forum who have been saying that when they call the CIC agent, they tell them whether their card is in production or it has been dispatched. Do CIC agents have the access to that information or not?
I am really worried now since I know Canada Post might go on Strike starting next week.

yes if they say they have no update that means your photos has not been opened yet... keep calling one day they will tell you its in production.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016