+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request letter

saajan

Dec 3, 2017
Dear All,

My PR application is in progress and on 14th April 2023 i was asked to provide PCC from Malaysia. I obtained the same as soon as possible and uploaded it in myCIC account. I submitted the same by 5th May 2023 . But again , on 14th May 2023, i'm again asked for the PCC via the request letter saying it's missing and they need the document before 13th June 2023. Malaysian government does not have any other format to provide Certificate of Good Conduct. I have submitted the documents again through the case specific form but i never get a response if submitted through case specific form. Also, there is no contact number to call from outside Canada.

I have not submitted the documents again in MYCIC portal and pretty confused and worried as what to do next.

Any reason why it was missing in the portal even after successful submission ? is CIC expecting anything specific from Malaysian Government?

Kindly help on this?

YHA92

Apr 4, 2023
Lebanon
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-2023
Med's Done....
18-04-2023
Passport Req..
16-06-2023
LANDED..........
03-12-2023
You can check the accepted document for PCC from each country using this link How to get a police certificate

I think you have the right document, but double check. If it's the same, then maybe you can raise it to IRCC (webform or contact them via phone) to better understand what is wrong/missing

saajan

Dec 3, 2017
Thanks much for the response . However , the web forum replies are very late and unpredictable. Not always I get a reply. Also, I have 30 days timeline before which I need to respond or else they have mentioned as final reminder and if they did not receive it then they will reject my application, after all this hard work.

do they have any number that I can call and speak to them from Malaysia ?

YHA92

Apr 4, 2023
Lebanon
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-2023
Med's Done....
18-04-2023
Passport Req..
16-06-2023
LANDED..........
03-12-2023
This is their phone number +1 (888) 242-2100
I read in many submissions that people are using an application called “textnow” in order to call IRCC from outside Canada. Some even suggested getting the unlimited monthly subscription, as you might stay on hold for 20 min before an agent picks up.

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
is there any update on this? I have the same but in my case I can not get a police certificate due to conflict in country of origin. I have sent LOE and again they asked for PCC

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Also was you letter starting by Subsection 16(1) and then the request? I am wondering if this is the new format IRCC foloow for Request Letters. Thank you

saajan

Dec 3, 2017
I’m sorry I’m not aware of any subsection in request letter but what happened In my case is that I asked my brother who is already in canada to call and ask what was missing. Then they said in call that the pcc is already received and asked us not to submit any documents again. Not sure if they overlooked it in the first place which is sloppy from their part as I lost 30days in processsing my application . I would advise to call them please and get it clarified.

Reactions: Jay13M

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
Thank you Saajan. I tried calling them but I wasn't given any useful information. They told me the processing office may have not seen the letter of explanation you provided and you can try sending it again. in another call they mentioned to try to obtain official document to show that it is not possible to get the pcc.