+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Request for Supplementary Evidence" - Wrong Person / Wrong Passport BUT same name

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hello,

I have received a "Notice to Applicant - Request for Supplementary Evidence" letter today in the mail. They are requesting the following from me:

1. Entry/Exit Record of Movement from "South Korea" (my home country) for the period stated above.
2. A colour photocopy of every page of Passport
3. Flight itineraries or boarding passes for all travel outside of Canada during the period since I landed here in 2014

Soooooooooooo many questions:

1. I flew to Korea and back twice for 2 week vacations over the past 5 years. They don't give stamps in my passport. What kind of documentation do I need to provide for Entry/Exit Record of Movement?
2. They did not state the "period above" in the letter... but I am assuming since I landed in 2014?
3. I also DROVE across the boarder from Alberta to Spokane for 2 days - not sure what I can provide there as proof?
4. Attached to this letter is a Canada Border Services Agency report that show my name (Korean names as some know, how many of the same last names... in this case, i have ANOTHER PASSPORT number with MY name on it... showing I travelled to Vancouver and some border in Ontario - both not me, since it's NOT me.
5. The passport number they are requesting is the WRONG passport - same number as this other person with my same name... what can I do to proceed? I am in Edmonton - can I just go to the Canada Place and say they've got the wrong person?

HELP!

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello,

I have received a "Notice to Applicant - Request for Supplementary Evidence" letter today in the mail. They are requesting the following from me:

1. Entry/Exit Record of Movement from "South Korea" (my home country) for the period stated above.
3. Flight itineraries or boarding passes for all travel outside of Canada during the period since I landed here in 2014

1. I flew to Korea and back twice for 2 week vacations over the past 5 years. They don't give stamps in my passport. What kind of documentation do I need to provide for Entry/Exit Record of Movement?
2. They did not state the "period above" in the letter... but I am assuming since I landed in 2014?
3. I also DROVE across the boarder from Alberta to Spokane for 2 days - not sure what I can provide there as proof?
4. Attached to this letter is a Canada Border Services Agency report that show my name (Korean names as some know, how many of the same last names... in this case, i have ANOTHER PASSPORT number with MY name on it... showing I travelled to Vancouver and some border in Ontario - both not me, since it's NOT me.
5. The passport number they are requesting is the WRONG passport - same number as this other person with my same name... what can I do to proceed? I am in Edmonton - can I just go to the Canada Place and say they've got the wrong person?

HELP!
1. You can take entry-exit certificate in Korea or download from the website. http://www.djjunggu.go.kr/html/en/service/service_050201.html

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

HELP!
It appears you have been sent documentation with someone else's passport information. This request is likely for that person, not you. You need to contact IRCC ASAP. I would also suggest you contact your MP. This is a huge privacy breach for this other person.

Reactions: Marticus

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
It appears you have been sent documentation with someone else's passport information. This request is likely for that person, not you. You need to contact IRCC ASAP. I would also suggest you contact your MP. This is a huge privacy breach for this other person.
Sounds good. Is showing up in person a good idea? That is our plan to do this tomorrow first thing. Crazy thing is, this other person who has my same name, also appears to have my same birthdate... seems crazy - but the passport number and travel history are definitely wrong! (hence why it must be another person!)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sounds good. Is showing up in person a good idea? That is our plan to do this tomorrow first thing. Crazy thing is, this other person who has my same name, also appears to have my same birthdate... seems crazy - but the passport number and travel history are definitely wrong! (hence why it must be another person!)
There isn't anywhere you can go in person. You need to call and send a Webform.

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
There isn't anywhere you can go in person. You need to call and send a Webform.
Oh! I didn't know that - I am in Edmonton - am I not able to go to Canadian Immigration in Canada Place and start asking a few questions?

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Oh! I didn't know that - I am in Edmonton - am I not able to go to Canadian Immigration in Canada Place and start asking a few questions?
What I don’t also understand is how cic got mixed up with another person. Does it mean that the other person, who has the same name as you , also has the same birthday ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What I don’t also understand is how cic got mixed up with another person. Does it mean that the other person, who has the same name as you , also has the same birthday ?
They may have been send documents/requests that were intended for you, so don't just ignore the issue.