+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

request for PR fee of $490

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
I just got a letter that I have to pay the PR fee of $490. I was wondering if this means that the documents are nearing the end of processing, what comes next are they going to ask for the passport? Has anyone out there had this happen to them?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Yes, this usually means you're near the end, they wouldn't ask for it otherwise. Congratulations :)

Sometimes the request to pay this comes at the same time as the passport request. Yours will probably come after the visa office receives confirmation of your payment.

D

darumal

i thought we pay the fee at the landing interview, submit with passport. then, we can apply the pr card instantly.

so, how long will we be notified to submit passport after paying $490?

i have no idea as i am waiting for cic letter for a further notify for my application after decision made.

no wonder ppl here advised to pay $490 prior to be notified. i wish i knew this when i submited my application. :-X

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darumal, this is an OUTLAND application. The process is different for those who applied In Canada Class.

Congrats canmaci. They are ready to issue the visa.

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks everyone i'm just not sure when they are going to send my wife the passport request. They gave me till the 12 of Feb to pay the fee, i paid it the day I got the letter the same day :) I hope she gets the letter next week some time, not after the 12 of Feb.

kierra

Jul 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, not to make anybody unhappy or ill at ease but my husband (the sponsor) received the request to pay right of landing fee in November and I have yet to receive a passport request. we are applying outland Buffalo, and have had the interview waived and no further documents needed letters. So who knows, a week or a month...anyone's guess. =\

shawonsarker84

Nov 4, 2009
It took me 23 days to get passport request after paying landing fee. They are ready to issue a visa for sure though. My Visa office is Singapore. how about yours?

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
My wife visa office is Vienna I hope it goes fast like yours :) it would be nice if we get the letter in the next couple of days :) has anyone had the same experience with Vienna?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
My experience with Vienna was quite pleasant, but then I paid all the fees before applying so there were no delays. Their processing times have gotten a bit longer since then, but they still seem to do most things pretty quickly :)

I'm not sure exactly what point they ask for it - before or after they've done the background check. If it's before, then it's possible you would have to wait a while before the process is complete, as background checks can take a while.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I read on an older post that it's possible to send the $490 PR fee during the processing of the application to avoid a 1-2 month estimated delay later on if they have to spend time requesting it. I know this information doesn't help the original poster, but it may be of some use to those who are worried about not paying for that portion.

Congrats canmaci!

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
nyssa said:
I read on an older post that it's possible to send the $490 PR fee during the processing of the application to avoid a 1-2 month estimated delay later on if they have to spend time requesting it. I know this information doesn't help the original poster, but it may be of some use to those who are worried about not paying for that portion.

Congrats canmaci!
I am confused do they ask for the PR fee before they have dune the back round checks or after? when we sent the application my wife included her medical, and police documents (her back round check). If they are ready to issue her a visa then whey would it take a month or 2? Other thing will Mississauga notify me that they received the $490 and if someone knows how long dose that take? what to do I am so nerves

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Police certificate is not the same thing as a background check. The background check is conducted by CSIS and is done for every applicant. Some are finished in a couple of days, others can take months (depends on what countries they are dealing with and how in-depth they go).
The police certificate is just the first phase - if you don't have a clear police record, then why should bother with the background check if you're not going to pass it anyway?

canmaci

Dec 13, 2009
mitamata said:
Police certificate is not the same thing as a background check. The background check is conducted by CSIS and is done for every applicant. Some are finished in a couple of days, others can take months (depends on what countries they are dealing with and how in-depth they go).
The police certificate is just the first phase - if you don't have a clear police record, then why should bother with the background check if you're not going to pass it anyway?
she has no police record she is clean :) she also included court documents she was clean with them to :) but would they still ask for a PR fee befor they have dune the back round check ? If so this dose not make any cents to me.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
canmaci said:
she has no police record she is clean :) she also included court documents she was clean with them to :) but would they still ask for a PR fee befor they have dune the back round check ? If so this dose not make any cents to me.
Based on my experienced, RPRF is advise to you to conclude your application. Usually RPRF is together with the whole payments prior to the applications being process. But one advantage of not paying it ahead is if you got denied this amount will be refund to you but it takes a year before you will get it and it also your assurance that your papers is ok already if they advise you to do so.

Yes, this would cause delay if you haven't paid the RPRF because from the time they request you and for them to recieved your payment will takes 1 -2 months. So for now, just kindly wait and hopefully you can have your visa soon.

keep posted

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
I'd like to ask how long does it take for your visa to be release after you paid your Right of Permanent Residence Fee? They had my passport already and all the needed documents were all on them. Is there a chance that you got denied even they advise you to pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee?

Here's my timeline:
Dec. 2008 - My partner got approved to sponsor me
January 2009 - My papers are now at Visa Office Manila for further processing
February 2009 - Request for Passport, NBI, CENOMAR
April 2009 - Request for Letters, Proof of our Relationship
September 2009 - Request Additional Papers
December 2009 - Request for payment the RPRF
January 2010 - Confirmed that they recieved the payment

Feedback please.

Thank you