AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I recieved AOR yesterday, but right after that i got another email with a request for Police Certificate for any time over 183 days spent out side Canada. I submitted the police certificate with the original application so how come they are asking for it again? My understanding is that the requirement is to submit the letter for any time over 183 days in the last four year from the date of application or is it any time since the age of 18.
I submitted the same police certificate again using web form but little bit confused here.

Reactions: Cool2021

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I recieved AOR yesterday, but right after that i got another email with a request for Police Certificate for any time over 183 days spent out side Canada. I submitted the police certificate with the original application so how come they are asking for it again? My understanding is that the requirement is to submit the letter for any time over 183 days in the last four year from the date of application or is it any time since the age of 18.
I submitted the same police certificate again using web form but little bit confused here.
It's for anytime over 183 days in the last 4 years from the date of application.
Your Police Certificate must not be more than 6 month old from submission time, maybe that's why.

Last edited:

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
It’s not. I got it 2 weeks before i submitted the application. This is why i am confused. I have submitted the copy of the same certificate again using web form and also by replying to the email i received.

Reactions: Calgary222

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
It’s not. I got it 2 weeks before i submitted the application. This is why i am confused. I have submitted the copy of the same certificate again using web form and also by replying to the email i received.
They do sometime send wrong request, so resending helps.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
It could be they made a mistake. You can also call them and inquire.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
It could be they made a mistake. You can also call them and inquire.
its almost impossible to get a hold of them over the phone. I have replied with the police certificate to the email thati received the request form and also send it using the web form. Hopefully that was just a generic email.

Reactions: Calgary222

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
When calling IRCC, keep trying again and again until it gets through and usually after a couple of attempts you can get through.
Look at the link below, select your country and read the heading- Special Considerations, and see if any of those conditions need to be met for the Police Certificate.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
Exactly same thing happened to me! I have provided the Police certificate for the time I stayed more than 183 days and in another country where I stay less than seven days they still asked me the police certificate for that but I was confused too.

I applied on July 18, and received the email back on August 22.

Do we have to reply back to the email or through the Web form?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Exactly same thing happened to me! I have provided the Police certificate for the time I stayed more than 183 days and in another country where I stay less than seven days they still asked me the police certificate for that but I was confused too.

I applied on July 18, and received the email back on August 22.

Do we have to reply back to the email or through the Web form?
i replied to the email withbthe copy of police certificate and also submit the same using the webform. I am guessing that’s just a generic email fingers crossed. Hopefully this doesn’t delay the processing.

on tracker it says that they are waiting on me for the additional information. Not sure how long it’ll take them to attach the certificate with the application now.