+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for passports for visa stamp

bostonkelly

Jul 1, 2005
Received letter dated 16 Feb '07 from High Commission requesting passports for issue of visa. Have several questions and would welcome feedback.

1.) Have made plans to travel to Canada from 5-27 March. Do I need to inform High Commission of my plans?

2.) How long will it take the High Commission to return my passports with visa?

3.) Does it make any difference in return time if I post my passport or hand deliver on day of week they note they are ope to receive passports?

Any feedback would be greatly welcomed. Just to note, London office seems to be having a quick turn around from date medical is taken to date request for passports for visa issues as I had medical only on the 19th of January 07.

Good luck to everyone.

Jim

immi1234

Oct 31, 2006
interview time from london

hy jim congratson getting passport request from london office.i want to ak u that i also applied from london in oct,2004 under skill worker category.do u know when i will get interview call.
thanks a million

bostonkelly

Jul 1, 2005
Hi! I applied back in April 2004, received my B# back in mid June 2004. I was called to take my medicals the very end of October 2006.

Do you have friend or family in Canada? I would suggest if you do that you get them to send the name of there local MP and contact MP to have them chase up your application. I did this back in Sept 06 and was surprised how by October I was called to take my medicals. Just a bit of advice.....

Good luck with your application. It seems like ages since I applied that I'm finding it hard to imagine that within a short time I will have my visa.....

Jim

straushan

Feb 25, 2008
No need to send them your plan for travel. But I even ask you not to make any travel plan until you get back you passport. Normally it takes 30 days so far I have heard but I am not sure, when i submitted my passport they told me that it takes maximum 6 week to get passport back and I am waiting for my passport. I have submitted my passport to Dhaka high comission who will send it to Singapore.

Hope you have little idea after this

straushan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thaiguy said:
1. No.
2. Maybe a month if you mail it. Maybe the same day if you personally go to the visa office.
3. Yes.
CHC London only receives passports by hand on thursdays between 2 and 3pm pick up 10 working days later ( second Thursday from the date you drop them off ) same times only

PMM