+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for oath letter info

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

We are scheduled for oath on Nov 26, letter was sent supposedly on Nov 12, but we have not received it yet.

Called up CIC and said they will not resend the letter, they did double confirm our oath though - so we're good there.

He said the letter is not necessary as long as your oath schedule is confirmed, which I just did over the phone with the nice gentleman.

Could I ask those who have taken the oath on sharing the contents of the oath letter.

So far, CIC told me to bring:

a. all original docs used to apply for citizenship
b. including PR cards
c. 2 pieces of ID
d. your preferred religious book (eg Bible) if you so choose <- did I hear that right?

anything else? Perhaps some important paragraph, provisions, what to bring, not to bring etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

PS: is the oath letter inside a brown envelope just like the test invite?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
The Letter states to bring

1) All Original Documents you used in your application process (I just took my old passports but they did not check it it is just in case they are issues and they need to check.)
2) Your COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) paper, they just check it quickly and tell you to hang on to it for life as you will need it to apply for Old Age Pension etc.
3) Your PR card - You will give this to them at sign in, give it one last kiss and goodbye.
4) 2 pieces of ID - Your Driver License and Health Card they just checked my DL at check in.
5) (Optional) - A prayer book on which you can take the OATH. - As it says this is completely optional.

Yes the OATH letter is in a brown envelope like the Test letter.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
The Letter states to bring

1) All Original Documents you used in your application process (I just took my old passports but they did not check it it is just in case they are issues and they need to check.)
2) Your COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) paper, they just check it quickly and tell you to hang on to it for life as you will need it to apply for Old Age Pension etc.
3) Your PR card - You will give this to them at sign in, give it one last kiss and goodbye.
4) 2 pieces of ID - Your Driver License and Health Card they just checked my DL at check in.
5) (Optional) - A prayer book on which you can take the OATH. - As it says this is completely optional.

Yes the OATH letter is in a brown envelope like the Test letter.
Thanks a lot sam, hopefully going there without the letter is not a big deal.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
hgn said:
Hey guys,

We are scheduled for oath on Nov 26, letter was sent supposedly on Nov 12, but we have not received it yet.

Called up CIC and said they will not resend the letter, they did double confirm our oath though - so we're good there.

He said the letter is not necessary as long as your oath schedule is confirmed, which I just did over the phone with the nice gentleman.

Could I ask those who have taken the oath on sharing the contents of the oath letter.

So far, CIC told me to bring:

a. all original docs used to apply for citizenship
b. including PR cards
c. 2 pieces of ID
d. your preferred religious book (eg Bible) if you so choose <- did I hear that right?

anything else? Perhaps some important paragraph, provisions, what to bring, not to bring etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

PS: is the oath letter inside a brown envelope just like the test invite?
First of all, Congratulations!!!!

- Take all originals used to apply for citizenship-->They never checked any of the educational documents but I would suggest you still take them with you.
- PR card and LANDING PAPER--> You will have to surrender the PR card there
- All Passports and your drivers license is good for ID--> They never checked either of these
- You are correct, it mentions on the letter that you could bring your preferred holy book if you choose to do so. It is not required, just optional.

If you do not have the invitation letter, which comes in a brown envelope just like the test letter, it is OK. Just take a print out of your e-CAS screen and show them that as the invitation proof. In Edmonton, they have different venues I am not sure about Ottawa, so make sure you know where to go exactly for the ceremony. You can confirm the location by calling CIC call center.

There is also a media consent form in the envelope, which I am sure will be provided there since you didn't get one. It just needs your signature and date.

Good Luck and Congratulations once again!

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
I remember reading another member posting here who did not get there letter. They just printed out their ECAS showing the OATH line and was fine. Does your ECAS have the OATH line in it?

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
COPR/ landing doc original as well

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes take print out of e cas show them if they needed, just make sure that you know where is
your oath and reach at least one hour before the oath. relax and all will be well..

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
I remember reading another member posting here who did not get there letter. They just printed out their ECAS showing the OATH line and was fine. Does your ECAS have the OATH line in it?
Yes, ecas was updated with the oath line.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plus you'll probably notice that your letter is dated Nov 12, but was physically sent the day before or 2 days before you see it in your mailbox. Pay attention to the square red postal stamp on your brown envelope. This happened to me. My letter was actually physically sent one week after the date printed on the letter and ecas. I received my letter I think 3 or 4 days before the oath.

The oath letter comes with another consent document that you need to sign and give it back to them. It is about using your image in the media etc. I guess they'll hand you that document to sign there if you don't receive your envelope before the date (which I doubt).