+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for FBI Background Check.... Help?

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
Let me preface this with saying that I actually already provided all my background checks (including FBI) when I was first asked for this by CIC.

As there was only 1 slot to upload all my background checks (I had 3 - Australia, Canada and US) I was told to upload them all into 1 PDF file and send that. So I did.

However, now I have received a letter saying: "As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must provide a scanned copy of an original FBI clearance certificate." and it then gives me instruction on how to mail it in. However, I also noticed a new area that I can upload it to in my application (which I have no re-uploaded the individual FBI certificate to).

I assume something must have gone wrong and it did not register that my new FBI certificate was in that PDF??

Anyway, can anyone confirm or clarify this situation? I have re-uploaded the FBI certificate alone to my application in the new spot provided. But should I send it in also??

Any help would be appreciated

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
If they gave you instructions to mail it in, I would also mail it in. But you haven't done anything wrong by uploading it to your account also. Better safe than sorry.

Honestly, IRCC misses stuff all the time. It's very possible that because you submitted three at once, they overlooked it.

The only thing I can think of is that it's supposed to be a color scan. Did you submit B&W?

Chatmonkey

May 14, 2017
If they gave you instructions to mail it in, I would also mail it in. But you haven't done anything wrong by uploading it to your account also. Better safe than sorry.

Honestly, IRCC misses stuff all the time. It's very possible that because you submitted three at once, they overlooked it.

The only thing I can think of is that it's supposed to be a color scan. Did you submit B&W?
Im pretty sure it was colour. And its interesting that they have added the section for me to upload a new one to my application while saying in the letter the mail it in.

I think I will do both just incase.

I hope it isn't that for some reason this FBI one is expired. I haven't even been in the states recently and its only from a few months ago

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Im pretty sure it was colour. And its interesting that they have added the section for me to upload a new one to my application while saying in the letter the mail it in.

I think I will do both just incase.

I hope it isn't that for some reason this FBI one is expired. I haven't even been in the states recently and its only from a few months ago
If you got the PCC after leaving the states and haven't returned since, it never expires. If you got the PCC while you were still in the states then it just needs to be dated within 6 months prior of you submitting your application. As long as it falls within those guidelines then you are good.