+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for deadline extension for new Police Clearance

Markiemarcos

Nov 1, 2017
Hi,

My wife’s (I’m the sponsor) Spousal In-Canada PR application is being processed.

She has been asked to submit a few updated documents including a new IMM5669 bearing an original signature, a new passport scan and a new police clearance certificate from her home country because the one she has is not accepted by IRCC.

She has started the process to get a new police clearance but due to delays (60-90 days) by the Police Service in the RSA she will not be able to get one by the deadline required (30 days).

How does she go about getting an extension for a replacement document?

We have gathered documents to prove that there is a delay in processing on the RSA police side, correspondence with her consulate, correspondence with the service the consulate uses to get Police Clearances from Canada, receipts for fingerprints by the RCMP and courier services to the consulate.

Is there a way for us to send all these documents and a request for this deadline extension through the post?

The gist of the letter from my Case Officer seems to indicate I am to send their letter and all my documents in the mail, but no postal address is provided, instead we are instructed to use the Case Specific Enquiry form. I have filled out a Case Specific Enquiry but encountered technical problems of course. Problem is that we are unable to upload all these documents due to the restricted file size, 2mb per file or 3.5mb total which would mean very low resolution files that I’m worried would not be accepted or multiple Case Specific Enquiry form submissions which is warned will increase processing time (the 5 page IMM5669 at a 96dpi .pdf is almost 3mb and barely legible).

We have called IRCC multiple times (they are so nice on the phone) and have been informed not to worry and that we can send all this in the post and will get an extension BUT I’m worried because they also say it may not even get read in time so I should upload it (and that they are currently evolving to all online submissions) and the mailing address in the link they provide is for General Applications for sponsorship:

CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Can this be the correct address?

I have managed to submit 2 of the 3 documents required directly through our online account instead (larger 4mb file size limit but no indication it’s been accepted) but the Police clearance will definitely be delayed.

We have 3 weeks left to sort this out and receive and extension.

Any help with regards to a postal address to send our documents and how to address the package so it will be read would be very appreciated.

I apologize for this long post and appreciate anyone willing to read it and provide advice.

Sincerely, Mark.

Last edited:

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi,

My wife’s (I’m the sponsor) Spousal In-Canada PR application is being processed.

She has been asked to submit a few updated documents including a new IMM5669 bearing an original signature, a new passport scan and a new police clearance certificate from her home country because the one she has is not accepted by IRCC.

She has started the process to get a new police clearance but due to delays (60-90 days) by the Police Service in the RSA she will not be able to get one by the deadline required (30 days).

How does she go about getting an extension for a replacement document?

We have gathered documents to prove that there is a delay in processing on the RSA police side, correspondence with her consulate, correspondence with the service the consulate uses to get Police Clearances from Canada, receipts for fingerprints by the RCMP and courier services to the consulate.

Is there a way for us to send all these documents and a request for this deadline extension through the post?

The gist of the letter from my Case Officer seems to indicate I am to send their letter and all my documents in the mail, but no postal address is provided, instead we are instructed to use the Case Specific Enquiry form. I have filled out a Case Specific Enquiry but encountered technical problems of course. Problem is that we are unable to upload all these documents due to the restricted file size, 2mb per file or 3.5mb total which would mean very low resolution files that I’m worried would not be accepted or multiple Case Specific Enquiry form submissions which is warned will increase processing time (the 5 page IMM5669 at a 96dpi .pdf is almost 3mb and barely legible).

We have called IRCC multiple times (they are so nice on the phone) and have been informed not to worry and that we can send all this in the post and will get an extension BUT I’m worried because they also say it may not even get read in time so I should upload it (and that they are currently evolving to all online submissions) and the mailing address in the link they provide is for General Applications for sponsorship:

CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

Can this be the correct address?

I have managed to submit 2 of the 3 documents required directly through our online account instead (large room 4mb file size limit but no indication it’s been accepted) but the Police clearance will definitely be delayed.

We have 3 weeks left to sort this out and receive and extension.

Any help with regards to a postal address to send our documents and how to address the package so it will be read would be very appreciated.

I apologize for this long post and appreciate anyone willing to read it and provide advice.

Sincerely, Mark.
Have you tried compressing it through smallpdf.com? They compress it down to 144dpi which is decently good. I had to send photos (28 pages word document) and the photos were very clear after compressing. Got it down from 33 mb to 3.2mb. So I think the forms should be decent at the very least.

When you say you Submitted via GCKey I hope you mean not just uploaded and actually having submitted written (you press next below where you upload documents, then electronically sign and submit). If you have done this and on the additional documents line it says your additional documents have been uploaded it means they received it.

Reactions: Markiemarcos

Markiemarcos

Nov 1, 2017
Thank you for your quick reply. I did press next and it’s does say uploaded but I didn’t submit it the way that the Case Officer instructed (through the Case Specific Enquiry) so I’m not sure if I should re-submit that way as well, and if a scanned signature is acceptable? Thank you very much for your suggestion to use smallpdf.com. I will try using it to compress my documents for the request for a deadline extension and submit that through the Case Specific Enquiry form if sending by post is not possible or recommended. Thanks again!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
You can send all documents again via CSE too. People sometimes send all docs through all 3 methods available. But I think if it says uploaded you are fine. Just ensure you do the CSE thing within the timeframe. Good Luck.

Just read that it says bearing an original signature so make sure you print first sign it and then scan and upload.

Last edited:
Reactions: Markiemarcos

Markiemarcos

Nov 1, 2017
Thank y
You can send all documents again via CSE too. People sometimes send all docs through all 3 methods available. But I think if it says uploaded you are fine. Just ensure you do the CSE thing within the timeframe. Good Luck.[/QUOTE
You can send all documents again via CSE too. People sometimes send all docs through all 3 methods available. But I think if it says uploaded you are fine. Just ensure you do the CSE thing within the timeframe. Good Luck.
Thank you for your help! I tried using the smallpdf.com service you suggested and it compressed a 100+mb file to 4mb and it was legible. We need to cull which docs to send to get them to 3.5mb but now it will be possible to send most of them. You’re a life saver! I will take your advice and upload our request for extension using CSE. Do you think we should also send all our documents with the post as well as a back up? I’m worried about the request for an original signature. Thank you once again. I really appreciate your help!

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@dpenabill @Bs65 @canuck78 @PMM
A friend of mine is waiting for New Zealand PCC but only has 8 days left to submit his documents.
Can you please tell me if he should -
1) Upload whatever documents are ready in a webform and request an extension in the same webform by telling them that he is waiting for the NZ PCC???
2) Only request an extension with a snapshot of the wait times for NZ PCC and then send a separate webform uploading all the remaining documents requested??

Also, he has been asked to send like multiple documents for his spouse but his mycic account only has limited slots inside to upload certain forms. So should he upload those 'few' forms inside mycic account and the remaining ones via webform? OR send a separate webform to open placeholders inside the mycic account??

Any input is highly appreciated!!
Thanks

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
@dpenabill @Bs65 @canuck78 @PMM
A friend of mine is waiting for New Zealand PCC but only has 8 days left to submit his documents.
Can you please tell me if he should -
1) Upload whatever documents are ready in a webform and request an extension in the same webform by telling them that he is waiting for the NZ PCC???
2) Only request an extension with a snapshot of the wait times for NZ PCC and then send a separate webform uploading all the remaining documents requested??

Also, he has been asked to send like multiple documents for his spouse but his mycic account only has limited slots inside to upload certain forms. So should he upload those 'few' forms inside mycic account and the remaining ones via webform? OR send a separate webform to open placeholders inside the mycic account??

Any input is highly appreciated!!
Thanks
How did you go ?
I am in similar situation. Kindly guide me

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Message me with specific questions. Happy to help.
I have a deadline to submit the PCC of 4 different countries by Feb 20. I am able to gather PCC from 3 different countries but the 4th country I lived was bangladesh & my PCC application from Bangladesh was rejected stating “I am not a Bangladeshi national nor currently residing in Bagladesh, Hence no police clearance was issued on his name” And this message was updated as status on the online portal. Will IRCC will accept this ? OR I shall request for an PCC deadline extension to IRCC to put extra effort in order to obtain PCC from Bangladesh. I have written to Bangladesh high commissions regarding same in India & Canada but so far haven’t received any response from them.
What will be the best thing to do in above case ??

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I have a deadline to submit the PCC of 4 different countries by Feb 20. I am able to gather PCC from 3 different countries but the 4th country I lived was bangladesh & my PCC application from Bangladesh was rejected stating “I am not a Bangladeshi national nor currently residing in Bagladesh, Hence no police clearance was issued on his name” And this message was updated as status on the online portal. Will IRCC will accept this ? OR I shall request for an PCC deadline extension to IRCC to put extra effort in order to obtain PCC from Bangladesh. I have written to Bangladesh high commissions regarding same in India & Canada but so far haven’t received any response from them.
What will be the best thing to do in above case ??
Attach the screenshots of the online portal as well as your attempt to reach the Bangladeshi high commissions. In my case, they had accepted my request and gave me more time submit the PCC but in your case, you can submit the above and ask them if they still need you to get a PCC or security document from Bangladesh High Commission.

Reactions: mjani81

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Attach the screenshots of the online portal as well as your attempt to reach the Bangladeshi high commissions. In my case, they had accepted my request and gave me more time submit the PCC but in your case, you can submit the above and ask them if they still need you to get a PCC or security document from Bangladesh High Commission.
May I ask- upon placing a request, how many days of extension did you get ?

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
@mjani read my DM…And I also applied for extension, I received additional 45 days but it again depends on your VO. Mine is Singapore VO

Reactions: mjani81