+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

request for additional documents

nanamink99

Nov 22, 2011
Hello,

i applied for pr on February 2013. Just yesterday I got the following request by email: Employment Letter: An official document printed on company letterhead stating that you, in whose name the letter is printed, will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. It must list your name, the details of your employment in Canada including DUTIES performed from HSBC

Now, the wording on this document is confusing me a little bit. Since I submitted the application I got an open work permit and switched jobs, so when they say you will be employed by a specific period of time, do they mean a letter from my old boss stating how long i worked there for? I had over two years of qualifying employment when i applied to pr. It just seems odd they would ask specific employment period from a person with an open work permit and word the request in the future with the " will be employed form a specific period of time"

Anyone came across this request before? I sent a letter with all the info when i first apply, should i just ask my old boss for another letter, as i only have been employed with my new employer for 7 months now.

thank you guys!

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
nanamink99 said:
Hello,

i applied for pr on February 2013. Just yesterday I got the following request by email: Employment Letter: An official document printed on company letterhead stating that you, in whose name the letter is printed, will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. It must list your name, the details of your employment in Canada including DUTIES performed from HSBC

Now, the wording on this document is confusing me a little bit. Since I submitted the application I got an open work permit and switched jobs, so when they say you will be employed by a specific period of time, do they mean a letter from my old boss stating how long i worked there for? I had over two years of qualifying employment when i applied to pr. It just seems odd they would ask specific employment period from a person with an open work permit and word the request in the future with the " will be employed form a specific period of time"

Anyone came across this request before? I sent a letter with all the info when i first apply, should i just ask my old boss for another letter, as i only have been employed with my new employer for 7 months now.

thank you guys!
Just send an updated letter same as you sent the initial letter...........put a new date and list your duties,specify the time you worked for your employer who is signing the letter from - to.

did you receive medical request or this is the first communication between you and CIC? february 2013? and still no medical request? no rfpr?

nanamink99

Nov 22, 2011
thanks for the reply.

I did my medicals upfront and they already requested the rfpr and Its paid for.

I am hoping they will finish my process soon, i did live in many countries in the last 10 years so maybe some of the delay is due to that

cheers

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
nanamink99 said:
thanks for the reply.

I am hoping they will finish my process soon, i did live in many countries in the last 10 years so maybe some of the delay is due to that

cheers

did you pay RFPR upfront or you received a request from CIC? in the RFPR email it will say your file was found eligibile

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
nanamink99 said:
thanks for the reply.

cheers
sorry ...but what was the time between the RFPR request and the new additional document request?

nanamink99

Nov 22, 2011
The sent me a RFPR request on january 28( the email did confirm eligibility) and the document on may 02....it has been a long wait :(

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
nanamink99 said:
The sent me a RFPR request on january 28( the email did confirm eligibility) and the document on may 02....it has been a long wait :(
Have you ordered your notes?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nanamink99 said:

I agree it's odd wording -it almost sounds like a letter that might be issued for a different type of application (e.g. PNP, or FSW, or work permit).

First, can you confirm that you applied under the Canadian Experience Class?

Second - can you confirm that the letter you previously provided did include (1) a date at the top of the letter (when the letter was written), and (2) the start and end dates of employment?

If you think the request has been made in error, you can contact CIC and request clarification -