+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Repetition of my name in visa application SDS Canada

wasay khan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2023
So, I submitted my application on 8th December 2023, Now the issue is that I filled my full name in both the columns, the given name and last name. and now my name occurs twice on the applicant portal of cic. I applied for the biometric and the same issue is present there. Can anyone guide me please I have also sent web form to cic. Please Help :). a reply will be appreciated:)

Last edited:

wasay khan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2023
what happened in your case
Nothing it was super easy, the time when i went for biometrics i informed them that this was the mistake they told me that they will follow my passport name and till then i also launched a web form so i also got the update from ircc that it has been followed as per passport so nothing to worry at all

Reactions: Harshit99

Harshit99

Feb 4, 2024
Good To hear this , Brother i would be so kind of you if you”ll tell me what wording do i need to write down while raising web form .
And after much time you got the update from ircc regarding this . And do ircc corrected your name in client application status too ?
Thanks & Warm Regards .

wasay khan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2023
Good To hear this , Brother i would be so kind of you if you”ll tell me what wording do i need to write down while raising web form .
And after much time you got the update from ircc regarding this . And do ircc corrected your name in client application status too ?
Thanks & Warm Regards .
Brother I dont really remember the wordings, but i remember that I just explained my whole situation and what i did wrong and I went for the biometrics as well as i got to know that tha VAC office will help me still I launched a web form on 9th december and got a reply on 27th december. In between I had my biometrics on 13th december so my name was updated on the same day but the name remained repeated on the portal but not inside the portal when I logged it. So everything is good still as they will follow your passport information, but still inform them it is not a big issue.
Now I am qouting the reply I got from the Canadian Embassy

"Good day Wasay Ahmed Khan,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and confirm that when filling out an IRCC application form, the name provided on the application form should match the name exactly as it appears in your passport or travel document.

Due to these standards, rest assured that if you have misspelled your name on a form or in your online account, your documents will still be issued in the name as it appears in your passport or travel document.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Harshit99

Feb 4, 2024
Thank you so much Brother ; you explained everything so well . I was in the same situation & your words gave me so much relief.
Thanks for your help :)

wasay khan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2023
Thank you so much Brother ; you explained everything so well . I was in the same situation & your words gave me so much relief.
Thanks for your help :)
Oh brother I completely understand your position right now I was in the same position but I am super glad I helped you. Just dont worry soon you will also get your visa buddy. Ameen