+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Repercussions for not renouncing PR status

Monet44

Jun 27, 2017
after you sign into your secure account scroll down to the bottom and you will see where you have to upload the documents

timbo_aus

Aug 14, 2017
How long did the process for revoking your PR status take? I am in a similar situation. I have submitted the requested documents a more than a week ago through their online system and I havent heard back. My flight to Canada is in 2 days. I have tried contacting embassies and IRCC to get any information on what the processing times are for renouncing the PR status but nothing has come out of that.
any information is welcome. thanks
Mate, anything you can say about how long it took? Same boat, flight this Thursday (now 3 days). Submitted the renunciation form online. Should I cancel / change my flights?

timbo_aus

Aug 14, 2017
after you sign into your secure account scroll down to the bottom and you will see where you have to upload the documents
I only had the option to submit an explanation letter. I submitted the renunciation paperwork using the "Case Specific Inquiries" webform. Do you think I've done it wrong?

Monet44

Jun 27, 2017
Mate, anything you can say about how long it took? Same boat, flight this Thursday (now 3 days). Submitted the renunciation form online. Should I cancel / change my flights?
For me - from the day I found out that I was still a PR to the day I actually got my renuciation and then my Eta (both happened on the same day) it was about 3 weeks - felt longer however, And in retrospect I could have actually used my first plane booking - but I had already cancelled my flight so as soon as i got my authorization I immediately re-booked. So long as everything is fine with the documents you sent them online - they tell you they will give you an answer in 72 hours and I found that - it was longer than 72 hours - but if they are not satisfied or need more info it will take longer. Its up to you - i cancelled as I just could not risk loosing all that money on a flight I could not take.

Monet44

Jun 27, 2017
I only had the option to submit an explanation letter. I submitted the renunciation paperwork using the "Case Specific Inquiries" webform. Do you think I've done it wrong?
Yes they want an explanation letter - I had to do the same thing - make sure that you put all the reference numbers they gave you on the email on every piece of correspondence you send them - that is the one mistake I made once I corrected that - they processed my application very quickly

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
Hi
I am student in Canada. . Ontario.
Can I sponsor my sister on a dependent Visa. . And can they work in Canada legally. Peas