Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Hi,

I'm planning to land this June and I was wondering if it is possible to rent a car without a credit card. Are there companies that accept cash?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ahaboubi said:
Hi,

I'm planning to land this June and I was wondering if it is possible to rent a car without a credit card. Are there companies that accept cash?

Thanks
Yes, it'd be tough to get a rental w/out a Cr. Card... however, some do oblige if u pay upfront, in cash.
BTW, overseas Cr. Cards do work... and today most of us have at least one of them ! I used mine@Enterprise.

Qorax

ahaboubi

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep-2007
Doc's Request.
Mar-2010
Med's Done....
Nov-2010
Passport Req..
Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2011
LANDED..........
Jun-2011
Thanks for the reply qorax, but my issue is that I'll be leaving the UAE (my current country of residence) for good and I'll be cancelling my residence visa and credit cards.

So I guess the next question is, can I keep my UAE credit cards without having a valid UAE residence visa?

Regards.

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahaboubi said:
So I guess the next question is, can I keep my UAE credit cards without having a valid UAE residence visa?
Regards.
I believe that your bank would be in a better position to answer this question...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ahaboubi said:
Thanks for the reply qorax, but my issue is that I'll be leaving the UAE (my current country of residence) for good and I'll be cancelling my residence visa and credit cards.

Regards.
Yes u can. The Cr. Cards aren't linked to your Visa/s... besides they do not go gunning for repatriating clients anyway!

If u pay-up every month, keeping nil or minimum balances [best thing to do, when staying overseas], there cannot be any issue... after all Cr. Cards r their [bank's] biggest business... they'd be happy to continue with a well-maintained a/c.

Qorax

Ps.: I still have my Dubai Cr.Card [just one - cancelled the rest].

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check near Keele and Finch there are some shady car rental companies who offer cars for $99/week. You obviously have to provide a refundable deposit like $500 to $1000 dollars cash. Sign some papers and enjoy the drive. I should also tell you its not the best cars, may break down on the road