+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RENEWING PR SOON. URGENT PROCESSING. WHATS A GOOD PROOF OF TRAVEL?

javicanada

Jan 6, 2013
Hello there, I will be renewing my PR soon. I have more than 730 days inside Canada, around 760. However, I am planning on traveling very soon so I will need the urgent processing. Could any one help me out and tell me what would be the best proof of travel? I have the travel itinerary but according to the cic webpage it is not an acceptable proof. I was going to send my itinerary, with a copy of my credit card statement so they can see its being paid. is that ok? Thank you for your help :) :) :)

Javi

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

javicanada said:
Hello there, I will be renewing my PR soon. I have more than 730 days inside Canada, around 760. However, I am planning on traveling very soon so I will need the urgent processing. Could any one help me out and tell me what would be the best proof of travel? I have the travel itinerary but according to the cic webpage it is not an acceptable proof. I was going to send my itinerary, with a copy of my credit card statement so they can see its being paid. is that ok? Thank you for your help :) :) :)

Javi
As per the instructions:

Include a photocopy of your proof of travel and proof of payment with your application.

The proof of travel, such as tickets or an itinerary, must show:

the dates you will be traveling,
your personal information such as your full name, and
your destination (where you are going).

The proof of payment must show full price for your travel. It must show:

the date that you paid,
the amount paid, and
how you paid.

If you do not send all this information, we may not process your application urgently. We will process it normally.

On your envelope, write:

Urgent — Proof of travel included

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Processing time have shot up considerably, even for urgent processing, expectations should be aligned accordingly..

All the best

javicanada

Jan 6, 2013
I have a question.

I am sending my Pr renewal package (urgent processing) next Monday sept 15. my trip is November 6th. Do you think I will get it?

The reason I haven't send it before is because I am getting all my passport stamps translated since they are in Spanish mostly.

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's difficult to say for sure. You should be OK - meaning I think you have applied with plenty of time to spare.

However when someone is relatively close to the 730 days required and requests urgent processing, CIC will sometimes send the application to the local office for further examination to verify that the person does in fact meet RO. When this happens it can take quite some time for the PR card to be renewed.

But again, hopefully you will be fine. I do think you've applied with enough time to spare assuming they do process your application as urgent.