+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing PR Card - any suggestions

k1a2t

Apr 15, 2020
Hi everyone,

my tracking number shows that my application for renewing my PR card was delivered to the PO Box address in Sydney, NS on July 6th. However, I still can't check my status online. I contacted IRCC via IRCC Web form and received this answer:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

We invite you to verify the processing times on the IRCC website and contact us using the IRCC Web form if they have passed."

Does is mean that my application was received but it is not in the system yet or that they don't even have my application?

The processing time is 138 days but I really don't want to wait 138 days to find out that my application got lost. Should I just wait because of Covid-19 everything is delayed or should I resend my application?

Thank you!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"my tracking number shows that my application for renewing my PR card was delivered to the PO Box address in Sydney, NS on July 6th. "
Many people would accept that as proof that the application arrived at tis destination.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Hi everyone,

my tracking number shows that my application for renewing my PR card was delivered to the PO Box address in Sydney, NS on July 6th. However, I still can't check my status online. I contacted IRCC via IRCC Web form and received this answer:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

We invite you to verify the processing times on the IRCC website and contact us using the IRCC Web form if they have passed."

Does is mean that my application was received but it is not in the system yet or that they don't even have my application?

The processing time is 138 days but I really don't want to wait 138 days to find out that my application got lost. Should I just wait because of Covid-19 everything is delayed or should I resend my application?

Thank you!
What do you expect?

There is a Pandemic going on... In normal circumstances, it takes between 7-30 days to process a PR Card once its received.

You Card most likely has been received but will sit in a backlog of hundreds of other applications and it will be a few weeks until it even going to be started to be worked on. You wont hear anything until they pick up and start working on your application so give it a few more weeks

k1a2t

Apr 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,

just an update. The current processing time for permanent card renewal is 133 days ( until yesterday was 161 days), however I've already received my new PR Card, the processing time was 107 days.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi Everyone,

just an update. The current processing time for permanent card renewal is 133 days ( until yesterday was 161 days), however I've already received my new PR Card, the processing time was 107 days.
Thanks for the update. That's useful information.