Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
I am a PR of Canada and hold two passports - Australia and UK.

I used my Australian passport for my PR application. It expires early next year and I am in the process of renewing it.

I have some trips to the US planned in the next few months. If my new Australian passport is not received in time am I able to enter Canada with my UK passport? Is my PR linked to me or to my passport? From memory my Australian passport number was on my COPR document.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PaddyO said:
I am a PR of Canada and hold two passports - Australia and UK.

I used my Australian passport for my PR application. It expires early next year and I am in the process of renewing it.

I have some trips to the US planned in the next few months. If my new Australian passport is not received in time am I able to enter Canada with my UK passport? Is my PR linked to me or to my passport? From memory my Australian passport number was on my COPR document.
PR status is "linked" to you, not your passport. Yes you can travel with your UK passport and when you get to Canada, you can show the officer either or both passports. There wont be an issue showing border control in Canada an expired passport, what matters to them is your valid PR status. To leave the US, you definitely need to have a valid passport, your UK one suffice.