+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing passport after creating EE profile

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
My wife's passport is on the verge of expiring and it may take up to a month to renew.
Is it possible to create an EE profile now with her existing passport and update it at a later date, or would it be more advisable to wait till the renewal is complete before proceeding to create the EE profile?

movingforward!!

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10/02/2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
You are good as long as there is more than six month on the passport prior to receiving an AOR

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
movingforward!! said:
You are good as long as there is more than six month on the passport prior to receiving an AOR
Thanks, but I guess the question is - can I create an EE profile with her existing passport (which will expire by Jun), and then proceed with the passport renewal while we're waiting for the ITA?
i.e., if all goes well and we receive an ITA, will there be any complications since the her passport number on the EE profile differs from that in the ITA?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dopehead said:
Thanks, but I guess the question is - can I create an EE profile with her existing passport (which will expire by Jun), and then proceed with the passport renewal while we're waiting for the ITA?
i.e., if all goes well and we receive an ITA, will there be any complications since the her passport number on the EE profile differs from that in the ITA?
If anything you can upload both passports once you receive an ITA.

You are fine.