Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I have to renew my Indian passport as it is expiring this Oct. Need some suggestion-

1. Brampton or Toronto BLS office ? Which is better ?
2. Do I need to submit my original PR card in case of in-person submission ?
3. I came to Canada just after my marriage. So my wify is not listed in the passport. I saw that in order add spouse's name to the passport we need to have the marriage certificate "attested by the State Home Dept. where the marriage was registered, and by MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) New Delhi."
We have our marriage certificate here with us but without any MEA attestation. I believe I need to mention that I am married but I don't have the MEA attested document to support it. Will it be a problem ?

Thanks in advance !

sep19cec

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016, Scheduled A and travel Info
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Upfront RPRF 04-03-2016.
Hi
1. Brampton or Toronto BLS office ? Which is better ?
Both would be more or less the same.. choose the one which is closer to you. I mean from travelling point of view...i had always visited BLS @ Brampton as it was closer to my place and to be true i never had problem as i always walk in with complete application.

2. Do I need to submit my original PR card in case of in-person submission ?
Yes.. keep a photocopy/scan for safer side ..see this checklist http://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/BLS-CAN10Toronto-PassportRe-Issue-Checklist-Rev4.0.pdf

3. I came to Canada just after my marriage. So my wife is not listed in the passport. I saw that in order add spouse's name to the passport we need to have the marriage certificate "attested by the State Home Dept. where the marriage was registered, and by MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) New Delhi."
We have our marriage certificate here with us but without any MEA attestation. I believe I need to mention that I am married but I don't have the MEA attested document to support it. Will it be a problem ?
I and one of my friend had same issue. You can carry marriage certificate but i know they wont consider without proper attestation as u mentioned above.. It wont be an issue if you dont have your spouse name mentioned in your passport. we got renewal without spouse name. they ask me to sign on marriage certificate stating that due to lack of attestation they wont consider it. but there is no harm to put marriage certificate..

processing is 3-4 weeks..

good luck..

hope i clear ur doubts..
tc