+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing INDIAN passport in Canada

IKRAMPATEL79

Jan 21, 2024
Hi,

I filled my passport renewal application under Toronto Jurisdiction, but it got rejected due to photo issue. Now I see few things are changed. Can anyone help me answering below questions if they have recently submitted passport renewal application

1. Below is the updated fees structure, but the notice says - "With Immediate effect, Applicants submitting applications via postal service are advised to prepare a draft of 1.70 $ for passport, OCI and Visa applications."

ParticularsPassport fee(CAD$)Consular Surcharge(CAD$)BLS Fee(CAD$)Total fee
Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years9331.797.7

Does it mean that I should add one more demand draft of 1.7$ separately or it is already included as part of the above total fee ?

2. Link for Postal service is disabled on the BLS website, what are the other safe ways to schedule pickup/drop service ? Has anyone done directly through Purolator and is it safe for original documents ?

Regards,
Ikram Patel

data_tailor

Apr 3, 2017
Had the same issue but for citizenship renunciation . That 1.7$ fee was part of the only demand draft you're going to send.
And toe get shipping label , you have to call , because they have discontinued their online service. The BLS customer service took about 15 minutes to get to on call so its not that bad. Good Luck !

IKRAMPATEL79

Jan 21, 2024
I sent it again to BLS with correct photo size but unfortunately it is returned again with a very absurd reason saying "KINDLY PROVIDE DECLARATION ON A PLAIN PAPER FOR CHANGE IN APPEARANCE." If anyone has come across such problem, please guide me through the further process on how to take notary and affidavit here in Canada ?