+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewing Canadian passport from the US

Elisa007

Aug 17, 2018
Has anyone successfully renewed a Canadian passport from the US and had it delivered to a Canadian address? I am not trying to avoid the higher fee. I prefer to have it mailed to Canada and have my family give it me when they visit.

I called the Passport office and they told me I have to be in Canada to receive the passport. I was told anyone at the house can sign for registered mail via Canada Post. They also want your permanent and mailing address to be in the same country.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Has anyone successfully renewed a Canadian passport from the US and had it delivered to a Canadian address? I am not trying to avoid the higher fee. I prefer to have it mailed to Canada and have my family give it me when they visit.

I called the Passport office and they told me I have to be in Canada to receive the passport. I was told anyone at the house can sign for registered mail via Canada Post. They also want your permanent and mailing address to be in the same country.
While you might not have to outright lie, you would have to at least "bend the facts" to make this work. Why don't you just apply the normal way for Canadians in the US and get it delivered to your address? I don't see the convenience of having it delivered to your relative's house, anyways.

But yeah, the whole point is that the passport is sent to YOU. So to have it sent to Canada, you would have to pretend living in Canada.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

Not sure why you want to take this approach. I have applied to renew my Canadian passport from US without any issues. As posted above, you are the one that has to receive the package. So how can you sign it that you received it if you are not there to sign it.