+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal ......?????

parkarasif

Star Member
May 2, 2008
I am PR of Canada residing in US because I have some financial / economical obligation in US but my Wife and 2 Kids (ages 7 & 9 ) reside in CANADA since NOV. 2012, they go to school.

Here I am due for RENEWAL of PR in APR. 2015, what are my chances of getting PR renewed ?

I have Bank Acct., credit card and apartment lease in Canada.

I do IN & OUT of CANADA but still I am LUCKY that they haven't noticed that I am in breach of RESIDENCY.

Now if I apply for RENEWAL what are my chances of getting PR renew, OR what other OPTIONS I have?

Please share your experience if anybody has.....

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
If you have completed your RO, there is no reason why you PR card should not be renewed ! If you have stayed in US or any where else for more than 3 Yeas in your card validity period, the chances of renewal are bleak.

Best of Luck.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
If you do not meet RO and your apply to renew your PR card now, you can lose your PR status. This is because CIC must do an RO check when you apply and if you do not meet RO, they will look into revoking your PR status. The CBSA officials so far have been lenient to you and you have been lucky and not reported you to CIC. But in applying for PR card renewal without RO, you are basically reporting yourself to CIC.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your chances of renewal based on staying outside for financial reasons are very very slim but if you are not ready to move to Canada yet, what is the point of renewing your PR card anyway?

If you are visa exempt to Canada, you can still visit your family and if you are not, you can apply for a multiple entry visit visa. If there is a point in time that you become ready to move to Canada and your wife is a PR who is residing in Canada and meets her RO or possibly even a Canadian citizen by then, she can sponsor you for PR again.

If you are ready to move to Canada at this point, you could try for one last entry and hope you don't get reported. Then stay in Canada for 2 years straight without leaving or trying to renew your PR and and then you will meet the RO again and your PR will be back in good standing.