+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal PR of candian child's mother

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hi all,
My daughter was born in Canada and has canadian nationality. My wife is holding PR from the time she was single. Initially we were not interested to live in canada. But recently after my born of our child we changed the idea. The problem is my wife has not completed 2 years in canada out of 5 years. Still her PR card is valid. We want to renew her PR card so that she can sponsor me. After born of our daughter she came back to me with our daughter.
My questions are:
1. Is there any way how we can renew my wife's PR?
2. Will my wife's days outside canada accompanying my daughter count when we renew her PR?
I hope I will get good replys from you folks.
3. If my wife go to canada and sponsor me and by the time i get my PR visa her PR will expire but she still remains in canada after that, will it be possible for me to get the PR?

Thanks,
Amit

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she was not in Canada for 2 years out of the last 5, she has already lost her PR status, even though her PR card may still be valid.

1. When your wife applies to renew her PR card, listing absences from Canada more than 3 years out of the last 5, her PR card will not be renewed.

2. No, a child can keep PR when accompanying a citizen parent but it does not work the other way around.

3. No, she can not sponsor you if she is not PR.