+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal of PR

trendsetter

Feb 11, 2015
I took my test on Dec 16th 2014 and was told by the officer that I should expect to get the invitation letter for oath ceremony between 2 to 4 months . Its now more than 2 months and I have not received the letter though , some one who took the test just 2 working days before me , is scheduled to take oath on 11th Mar 2015 . My PR card is expiring on 20th Mar 2015 and am in two minds whether to apply for renewal or wait for the oath letter . If I don't get the letter before the expiry of my PR than what will be my status ? Can some one throw light on this issue ? I tried calling the agent at CIC but the number I dialled , has no provision for an option to talk to the agent .

princedaku

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
best answer would be try calling cic customer service number, listen it carefully there is option to talk to a agent. but due to very nusy line sometime u have to wait for more than 20 mins to talk to customer service.
good luck

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
trendsetter said:
I took my test on Dec 16th 2014 and was told by the officer that I should expect to get the invitation letter for oath ceremony between 2 to 4 months . Its now more than 2 months and I have not received the letter though , some one who took the test just 2 working days before me , is scheduled to take oath on 11th Mar 2015 . My PR card is expiring on 20th Mar 2015 and am in two minds whether to apply for renewal or wait for the oath letter . If I don't get the letter before the expiry of my PR than what will be my status ? Can some one throw light on this issue ? I tried calling the agent at CIC but the number I dialled , has no provision for an option to talk to the agent .
It's not uncommon that people who submitted before you or even after you end up getting their oath waaaay before you... Unfortunately.

I'm on the same boat, the agent advised me that a decision will be made in 4-6 weeks. 2.5 months now and nothing.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
A few people have had this problem. If it was me I would still apply for renewal of the PR in case you have to leave the country for any emergency it is good to have the PR status intact. As for the OATH do call CIC call center and once you are in the appropriate section press 0 to get connected to customer service. It will be a wait anywhere between 12 and 25 minutes depending when you are calling.

trendsetter

Feb 11, 2015
samreentariq said:
A few people have had this problem. If it was me I would still apply for renewal of the PR in case you have to leave the country for any emergency it is good to have the PR status intact. As for the OATH do call CIC call center and once you are in the appropriate section press 0 to get connected to customer service. It will be a wait anywhere between 12 and 25 minutes depending when you are calling.
It was just few minutes after I put the post that I received my invitation letter for the oath taking ceremony . It is on Mar 17th so now I can take a sigh of relief and excited for the day to come 8) 8) . I thank all of you who responded to my query .