+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal - CIC sent letter on 29/01 Still did not recieved

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canvan003 said:
You should wait for 14 business days. You may use the following link for contact.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

I have nothing on my e-cas even though I have received secondary review letter. They haven't updated it yet.
Don't worry. My citizenship application has never updated for 1 year.

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
What else is in your Ecas status ? I have a line saying my application for permanent resident card was approved so I am confused why my letter would be a 2nd review if it is already approved ?

Is it same for you ?

Mine is like this

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 29, 2014.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2015.

We sent you a letter on January 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
chinachan said:
Mine is like this

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 29, 2014.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2015.

We sent you a letter on January 31, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
In mine i have a another line that say Application approved on... Maybe they sent me the Card then ? but then why status is In process :S

Another day gone and still not got the letter, I get my parcel from China faster than this lol

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
In mine i have a another line that say Application approved on... Maybe they sent me the Card then ? but then why status is In process :S

Another day gone and still not got the letter, I get my parcel from China faster than this lol
I just checked my mailbox. I haven't got the letter from CIC yet (Ecas says they sent out on 31 Jan).

I'm in near Toronto, I wonder how come it takes so long from Sydney... maybe due to this cold weather...

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Same here, mine was sent on 29 and still not got it, what is going on with postal services :(

I need to apply for citizenship and need to know if card is coming

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
Same here, mine was sent on 29 and still not got it, what is going on with postal services :(

I need to apply for citizenship and need to know if card is coming
Hi,

I got the letter today

" Processing Delay

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed. You r file has now been referred for a secondary review. This review will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information or documents are required to complete your file."

Although my status shows the letter sent out on January 31 but mailing date was Feb 03 ::)

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
chinachan said:
Hi,

I got the letter today

" Processing Delay

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed. You r file has now been referred for a secondary review. This review will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information or documents are required to complete your file."

Although my status shows the letter sent out on January 31 but mailing date was Feb 03 ::)
Thats good at least now you know. But still sad that you got picked up for random review and I feel lucky too to get picked lol

Mine was on sent on 29 and still not got it. Don't know when they actually sent it.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
another days passed and still nothing, maybe letter is coming via China ? :'(

I will try to call them tomorrow but they close so early

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
chinachan said:
If you can, call early morning. It uaually less waiting time.
OK got them on phone, it is because of photos which were not accepted :S why they did not sent photo back at the beginning. Now because of the photographer and CIC not sending letter on time I will waste about 2 more months :S And I used a damn professional photographer.

And letter by the way still not received :S

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
OK got them on phone, it is because of photos which were not accepted :S why they did not sent photo back at the beginning. Now because of the photographer and CIC not sending letter on time I will waste about 2 more months :S And I used a damn professional photographer.

And letter by the way still not received :S
Sorry to hear that your delay just because of photo... How did you find out the the delay will be 2 more months? Did officer you talked on the phone tell you this?

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
chinachan said:
Sorry to hear that your delay just because of photo... How did you find out the the delay will be 2 more months? Did officer you talked on the phone tell you this?
yes she told me that it can take 2 more months :S but at least my application is approved