+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renewal application for PR card

mht

May 19, 2011
Dear Mr. Leon

I have following question:

I applied for renewal of PR card in Aug 2011 and today I got response from them that they will consider the 5 years from the date of application (and also stated that I have to send them photo copies of all pages of passports) for that I am short by 15 days (for residency obligation).

when I applied for renewal of my PR.... I have considered all days when I have landed in May 2006 till the date of application (as I was student and I was finishing my Bachelor's of Pharmacy degree in India .... I landed to Canada stayed couple months gone back to complete my studies and came back to Canada in Aug 2009).

Now I am in Canada and I have accumulated more than 2 and half years of stay in Canada.

Please let me know should I withdraw my initial application and reapply again or keep my present application which they received on Aug 2011 and send them the photocopies of my passport?

I need your valuable advise.

Thanks you.

Regards-GT

asal

Jan 13, 2012
hi dear friend
i have a situation similar to urs,i applied 1month later than u and they recieved my application on 15 oct,which i have checked it online but havent recieved any letter from them,just a letter that advised me that my process will take longer cuz they have reffered my app to local office.did u mention that u werent here for 730 on ur application?and now they have asked u for an interview?

mht

May 19, 2011
Hi, They are asking for all pages of passport copies .........thats all they need now.

I dont know when Mr. Leon answer my question. I am waiting for Mr.Leon's Answer on my question.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are short, your application will most likely go to a residency questionnaire and they will call you for interview etc. It is better to withdraw your application. Wait until they have accepted your withdrawal, wait another month and then apply again while meeting the requirements.