+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

renew of PGWP under the CCFTA

RogerG

Jul 11, 2016
Dear friends,

I am under a PGWP which is going to expire in a couple of month, but luckily I am a Chilean citizen, I would like to renew my WP under the CCFTA. I have the offer letter of the employer, I am professional with NOC A, Master degree, Well, I have all the documentation to get the WP without problems.

The thing is that I do not know where to go, to a CIC office to renew my WP?...or I should cross the border and apply in the port of entry?...As I know some Chilean do the application in the border to obtain their WP under the CCFTA.

Thanks for your comments.

Roger.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cannot comment on CCFTA but do not think you can extend a PGWP itself so if anything expect must be some separate WP arrangement for CCFTA similar to the provisions for NAFTA. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/index.asp

As far as I can read and others can chip in this link seems to indicate you could under CCFTA apply for a work permit at POE but as said do not think this is a PGWP extension but a fresh temp work permit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/port.asp

RogerG

Jul 11, 2016
Thank you Bs65,

That mean then, when I finish my PGWP, I have to apply for a fresh WP, no extention of PGWP. Should I go to a CIC office I think?

Thanks for your comments,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
RogerG said:
That mean then, when I finish my PGWP, I have to apply for a fresh WP, no extention of PGWP. Should I go to a CIC office I think?
You need to apply before your PGWP expires.

You cannot go to a CIC office. You can either apply online, by paper or flagpole at the border.

Dec 25, 2018
Dear friends,

I am under a PGWP which is going to expire in a couple of month, but luckily I am a Chilean citizen, I would like to renew my WP under the CCFTA. I have the offer letter of the employer, I am professional with NOC A, Master degree, Well, I have all the documentation to get the WP without problems.

The thing is that I do not know where to go, to a CIC office to renew my WP?...or I should cross the border and apply in the port of entry?...As I know some Chilean do the application in the border to obtain their WP under the CCFTA.

Thanks for your comments.

Roger.
Hola Roger espero que estés muy bien. Ya pasaste por este proceso? soy agrónomo chileno y quisiera saber si puedo contactarte para saber como fue tu proceso. Gracias !