+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing jobs from work history post ITA

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
HEllo,

My past employer is being an a**hole and declined my request for experience letter saying it's against there policy and all that drama. So out of 4 jobs I had mentioned in the work history before ITA I am removing 3. But the one job left which is my current job is 3.5 years old. So removing the other jobs won't affect my CRS points. Also I am mentioning all the jobs in personal history.

My question is do I have to give explanation along with proof why I removed those jobs like the refusal from the old employers or no proof is required?

Thanks.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Tatya_Vinchu said:
HEllo,

My past employer is being an a**hole and declined my request for experience letter saying it's against there policy and all that drama. So out of 4 jobs I had mentioned in the work history before ITA I am removing 3. But the one job left which is my current job is 3.5 years old. So removing the other jobs won't affect my CRS points. Also I am mentioning all the jobs in personal history.

My question is do I have to give explanation along with proof why I removed those jobs like the refusal from the old employers or no proof is required?

Thanks.
Just write in LOE that the last employers refused to give experience letters. If possible, attach your communications as proof. You should be fine as long as your CRS score remains same.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I really don't think you need a proof for not including something. Don't stress yourself. But make sure that your FSW points don't fall below 67 and CRS score doesn't go below by removing this. Because 3.5 years will be taken only as 3 years, and you are effectively removing one year from your experience. It won't an issue for CRS, but make sure you check FSW score as well.

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017
I had to do this, and I included an explanation in my LOE noting that even with lesser experience my CRS did not change or fall below the minimum I received ITA for. I also checked the FSW points and was still above 67. Others on here have said they did this and it was fine.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Thank you all. I think I will just provide explanation for removing the jobs. @DEEPCUR: it was a very good catch. I ignored the FSW points falling below, but fortunately mine are above 67 for 3 years of work. Thanks!