+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removing condition from PGWP

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
I applied to waive off restrictions from my PGWP via paper. It's been seventeen days now. As per CIC website, I should be getting a result now. Application was sent to Edmonton office. Is there a way to call/contact them to know the updates.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied to waive off restrictions from my PGWP via paper. It's been seventeen days now. As per CIC website, I should be getting a result now. Application was sent to Edmonton office. Is there a way to call/contact them to know the updates.
Why did you send it by paper? What conditions? Thought processing was over 100 days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
On CIC website, it says paper processing is 17 days and for waiving off conditions on work permit, you can do that.
Paper processing is only for certain applications like having a disability. IRCC wants online applications. Not sure what you are waiving. Send a webform and ask status.

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
Paper processing is only for certain applications like having a disability. IRCC wants online applications. Not sure what you are waiving. Send a webform and ask status.
I got a condition on my PGWP stating "not authorized to work in school settings, primary and secondary schools and early childhood centers" whereas I got my diploma in ECE. So I did my medical exam and resubmit the application via paper as I read on CIC that it can be done, it's not a new application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got a condition on my PGWP stating "not authorized to work in school settings, primary and secondary schools and early childhood centers" whereas I got my diploma in ECE. So I did my medical exam and resubmit the application via paper as I read on CIC that it can be done, it's not a new application.
Ok. All you can do is wait. It may be processed as an online application. Send a webform.

user_1234__

Dec 3, 2023
Hi, to apply on paper which form did you fill out and what all documents did you send them ?I am in the exact same situation as you and want to apply by paper! Please post here when you hear back from them with your timeline!

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
Hi, to apply on paper which form did you fill out and what all documents did you send them ?I am in the exact same situation as you and want to apply by paper! Please post here when you hear back from them with your timeline!
The form is IMM 5710 and in that form, you need to mention change of conditions under the section "intended work in Canada". select other and then in the other section write, "change of conditions". But please google the form filling help before you proceed. That's what I did. Other than that, I attached medical from panel physician, job letter, contract, pay stubs etc... and my PGWP. I also wrote a letter of explanation telling the reason, i will write my timeline here once I get an asnwer, best of luck

user_1234__

Dec 3, 2023
Did you pay the fee also again ? And in IMM 5710 in the form beginning ques 3- where they say “ I am applying for with 4 options 1. Work permit with the same employer
2. With a new employer
3. Restoration of status 4. Initial or extension, what did you opt in that?
Thank you

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
Did you pay the fee also again ? And in IMM 5710 in the form beginning ques 3- where they say “ I am applying for with 4 options 1. Work permit with the same employer
2. With a new employer
3. Restoration of status 4. Initial or extension, what did you opt in that?
Thank you
to be on the safe side, i suggest to pay the fee (that's what i did) so that my application doesn't get delayed or rejected due to non-payment. for first question, i took help from google/youtube. here's the link

Reactions: user_1234__

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
Hi, I also applied for condition removal by paper on Nov 22,2023. I haven't received any update. Did you received any update?
Nothing so far, all I am hearing is that "review of your application has not started yet" even though it has passed the normal processing time of 101 days