+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal order

mika2

Aug 16, 2010
hi,

my brother was issued a removal order when he came to canada last june because he didn't meat the residebcy requirments , he appealed the order and now he's waiting for the court date , can he renew his pr card or not ? he has already sent an appliacation in march

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mika2 said:
hi,

my brother was issued a removal order when he came to canada last june because he didn't meat the residebcy requirments , he appealed the order and now he's waiting for the court date , can he renew his pr card or not ? he has already sent an appliacation in march

thanks
No, as he is no longer a PR. as he was issued the removal order. If he wins at Appeal, then he can apply.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did they know he did not meet the residency requirement? Was his PR Card expired already?

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Yes this is something to understand, how they know that he do not meet the residency requirement unless he tell the immigiration officer at desk or file for new PR.

subashbala

Jun 20, 2010
@ hasher:

Can you provide more information about your brother's experience at the POE ? Did he say something by himself or did they find out from their system ? This information will really be very useful for many members on this forum.

Thanks

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
subashbala said:
@ hasher:

Can you provide more information about your brother's experience at the POE ? Did he say something by himself or did they find out from their system ? This information will really be very useful for many members on this forum.

Thanks
I THINK YOU ARE ADDRESSING MIKA, AS HIS BROTHER WAS THE ONE WHO GOT IN TROUBLE, HOWEVER I M EQUALLY CURIOUS.

alimdrajab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
This is quite interesting if we know in details (under which process his broher entered canada, what was the resoan for issuing removal letter etc.) the case, it could help in future.
Please share in details if you dont mind

mika2

Aug 16, 2010
he was issued the order at the airport when he arrived , they invistigated and he broke down and told him that hea stayed for only 8 months in the last 5 years ,

does any one know if it's possible that he travells and gets a travel document to come back or not, given the fact that he appealed the decision

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mika2 said:
he was issued the order at the airport when he arrived , they invistigated and he broke down and told him that hea stayed for only 8 months in the last 5 years ,

does any one know if it's possible that he travells and gets a travel document to come back or not, given the fact that he appealed the decision
He would only be issued a travel document for the appeal, if he has been in Canada in the past year.

mika2

Aug 16, 2010
hi PMM,

my brother had his application for pr renewal sent in march but of course he didn't get it before getting the removal order , so his lawyer said we should send them a letter to explain that there was a mistake with the application and that he was issued a removal order. although we sent that letter and we know they have read it because they sent him a notice at his new address , they still sent a letter to come pick up his PR card . my question is should he go or not and if he goes what should he expect?

thanks
mika