10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
There is a lot of misinformation here.

Your score will only increase if you apply as a single person. If you put yourself as married but the spouse is non-accompanying, the score does not go up. Do a simple check on the CIC calculator. Put as non accompanying but MARRIED and you will see that the score remains the same. As long as you are declaring yourself as married, the score does not get affected if your spouse comes with you or without. So from that perspective, it is foolish not to add your spouse since you will waste another year to sponsor her after you land.

Going alone first and then having your wife join you later is normal. Many people do that. In that case, you both need to land and then you can send her back. In that case, what she does is called a SOFT LANDING. Her PR will be activated and there is no more stress and she has 3 years time to come back to Canada to ensure that she maintains her PR. She has residential obligations just as you of maintaining 2/5 years or risk losing PR.

Now, coming back to what the original poster suggested of not declaring spouse to get additional points. The only way to do that is to declare yourself as single. That's the only way you will get additional points and then you will get SINGLE points. That will of course be higher than what you will earn if you have a wife.

However, you might as well then forget about your wife. She will NEVER be allowed to enter Canada in her life. And if you ever come back to CIC saying you were actually married, they will cancel your application and ban you for 5 years too for misrepresenting yourself as single when in reality you were married.

Never lie in the application. It's the fastest way to lose your PR or your citizenship. Don't fall into the trap of shady consultants who only want your money and nothing else.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
There is a lot of misinformation here.

Your score will only increase if you apply as a single person. If you put yourself as married but the spouse is non-accompanying, the score does not go up. Do a simple check on the CIC calculator. Put as non accompanying but MARRIED and you will see that the score remains the same. As long as you are declaring yourself as married, the score does not get affected if your spouse comes with you or without. So from that perspective, it is foolish not to add your spouse since you will waste another year to sponsor her after you land.

Going alone first and then having your wife join you later is normal. Many people do that. In that case, you both need to land and then you can send her back. In that case, what she does is called a SOFT LANDING. Her PR will be activated and there is no more stress and she has 3 years time to come back to Canada to ensure that she maintains her PR. She has residential obligations just as you of maintaining 2/5 years or risk losing PR.

Now, coming back to what the original poster suggested of not declaring spouse to get additional points. The only way to do that is to declare yourself as single. That's the only way you will get additional points and then you will get SINGLE points. That will of course be higher than what you will earn if you have a wife.

However, you might as well then forget about your wife. She will NEVER be allowed to enter Canada in her life. And if you ever come back to CIC saying you were actually married, they will cancel your application and ban you for 5 years too for misrepresenting yourself as single when in reality you were married.

Never lie in the application. It's the fastest way to lose your PR or your citizenship. Don't fall into the trap of shady consultants who only want your money and nothing else.
wrong. it does go up if u select non accompanying spouse.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I just checked again putting myself as an example. Yes you are right. There is a slight difference in score. However, in my case the difference in score is such that I gained 4 points adding spouse. We are both on CLB10 so maybe that's why it went up instead of going down. However I know for sure that the big boost difference is when one is declaring as Single compared to married.

If the score is above 400 while declaring as Married, then it's fine. As long as you are not declaring as single. However please keep in mind that it takes a year for sponsorship after that.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Yes it's true that you can get more points for applying PR with your spouse as non-accopanying. There is nothing wrong with it but the question is... Is it really worth it or not?
In fact, I thought of doing such thing before but I gave up that idea after knowing improving my IELTS is a much better option. Who wants to potentially be away from your wife for months. Also, once someone becomes a PR and his/her spouse is not, the chance for him/her to get a visitor visa is very low(you can read the cases in the visitor section of this forum. Many people learned it the hard way. I spent some good time there myself)
To try to help you:
What is your IELTS score and you wife's? Maybe there is a chance both of you can be PR together. Also, another factor is that the CRS score for the future rounds will be lower again because CIC has committed to take so many immigrants.

You will be one of them. Just be patient.

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/07/express-entry-report-canada-day-special-review-2017-so-far-079282.html

Wassids

Jul 3, 2017
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22nd May 2017
I really really appreciate each one of you for giving such detailed responses. I talked to my spouse and he too told me to be patient because obviously its not worth it if we both are not together. And honestly I don't have the patience to wait for an year in case he sponsors me later

Wassids

Jul 3, 2017
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22nd May 2017
My spouse is the principal applicant with IELTS

Test Score
  • Test name IELTS (General)

Taken on Apr 2017 Overall: 7.0

Listening 8.0
    Speaking 7.0
    Reading 6.5
    Writing 6.5
    whereas my score is:
IELTS (General)
Taken on Mar 2017 Overall: 7.5

Speaking 8.0
Listening 7.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.0

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront

Test Score

Listening 8.0
    Speaking 7.0
    Reading 6.5
    Writing 6.5
    whereas my score is:
IELTS (General)

Speaking 8.0
Listening 7.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.0
It's simpler to write IELTS again and get your scores up - You need to be 8 in Listening & Reading and 7 or above in Writing and Speaking.

Reactions: Wassids

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017

Test Score

Listening 8.0
    Speaking 7.0
    Reading 6.5
    Writing 6.5
    whereas my score is:
IELTS (General)

Speaking 8.0
Listening 7.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.0
What will the score be if your listening is 8.0 and you are the principal applicant?

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
this is a misrepresentation, do not try
Wrong!!!
It is misrepresentation if you are married and still declare yourself as "SINGLE". If you say that your married but spouse is unaccompanying then it is fine and totally ok.

Reactions: Wassids

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
I think all four categories count in, no?
Yes, all four count. But only your listening is below CLB9. Assuming you're the principle applicant and your listening is 8.0 and the other categories remain the same, what will your score be?

Wassids

Jul 3, 2017
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22nd May 2017
Yes, all four count. But only your listening is below CLB9. Assuming you're the principle applicant and your listening is 8.0 and the other categories remain the same, what will your score be?
my husband is the principal applicant and he already has an 8.0 in listening

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
my husband is the principal applicant and he already has an 8.0 in listening
True, but his writing and reading is not good enough(below CLB9).

The ideal situation is one of you got listening 8.0 and Reading, writing, speaking 7.0. The CRS score will be dramatically increased (25 more if the principle applicant has 3 years of experience).

Just use the calculator and check it yourself. Either you improve your listening and act as the principle applicant or have him improving his reading and writing.

Wassids

Jul 3, 2017
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22nd May 2017

The ideal situation is one of you got listening 8.0 and Reading, writing, speaking 7.0. The CRS score will be dramatically increased (25 more if the principle applicant has 3 years of experience).

Just use the calculator and check it yourself. Either you improve your listening and act as the principle applicant or have him improving his reading and writing.
yes u r right. and this also adds up to the skill transferability factor. But the problem is he is not convinced of his ability and he thinks his score will not improve and it will be a waste of time and money.. any ways thank you so much..

Wassids

Jul 3, 2017
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22nd May 2017

and yes he has 3 years of experience:) u r right!