+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote work for Canada from US

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
hello- i have my PR and plan to move to Canada in Apr/May- meanwhile i am being moved within my company from the US arm to the Canadian arm of the organization. So I will be on Canadian payroll getting paid into a canadian bank account. So my question is can i work remotely from now till April from within US or do i have to move immediately to Canada? i have a B1/B2 and also H4 visas for US. I dont see an issue since i will be working for a Canadian firm and getting paid in Canada for just 3-4months. Also i am not sure how anyone will track/monitor this but any additional inputs would be appreciated! Posted this in a different thread without a response so hoping i will get some direction here. Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello- i have my PR and plan to move to Canada in Apr/May- meanwhile i am being moved within my company from the US arm to the Canadian arm of the organization. So I will be on Canadian payroll getting paid into a canadian bank account. So my question is can i work remotely from now till April from within US or do i have to move immediately to Canada? i have a B1/B2 and also H4 visas for US. I dont see an issue since i will be working for a Canadian firm and getting paid in Canada for just 3-4months. Also i am not sure how anyone will track/monitor this but any additional inputs would be appreciated! Posted this in a different thread without a response so hoping i will get some direction here. Thanks in advance.
You are likely breaking the terms of your US visa because you are living in the US and it sounds like you were previously working for the US branch of the company on a WP.

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
You are likely breaking the terms of your US visa because you are living in the US and it sounds like you were previously working for the US branch of the company on a WP.
yes i was on H4 EAD visa which allowed me to work here but the renewal this time has not happened on time with all covid related delays- hence i moved org - so it is now a Canadian org that i will start working for and will get paid a Canadian salary which will be deposited in a Canadian bank account. I also have a American B1/B2 business/tourist visa along with the H4 visa