+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote work asking for police report in Company's Country

kenshinman

Jul 13, 2023
Hi, I got ITA under the Canadian Experience Class and all is going on smoothly until I m asked to submit my documents.

I worked remotely with a company in the US for a year. I added it under my work history and also added the US as the location. But I worked remotely from Nigeria. Now, I'm being asked to upload a police report from the US. I tried editing my profile to show I worked from Nigeria but it's already locked.

What can I do, seeing that I have never stepped foot on US soil?

Thanks in advance.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi, I got ITA under the Canadian Experience Class and all is going on smoothly until I m asked to submit my documents.

I worked remotely with a company in the US for a year. I added it under my work history and also added the US as the location. But I worked remotely from Nigeria. Now, I'm being asked to upload a police report from the US. I tried editing my profile to show I worked from Nigeria but it's already locked.

Thanks in advance.
Change it from US to Nigeria. You were a contractor and paid taxes as an entity in Nigeria. Change that entry to "Sole proprietor" at "Entity" (if you were sole proprietor).

kelvin2023

Dec 11, 2023

Thanks in advance.
I am in this exact situation now. Please, what did you to do address this and how did it work out? Thanks.